Welcome to our big snowboard bag test 2021. Here we present all the snowboard bags we have tested. We have compiled detailed background information and added a summary of customer reviews on the web. We would like to make your purchase decision easier and help you find the best snowboard bag for you. You will also find answers to frequently asked questions in our guide. If available, we also offer interesting test videos. Furthermore, you will find some important information on this page that you should pay attention to if you want to buy a snowboard bag.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Snowboard Bag: Our Picks
- 4 Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a snowboard bag
- 5 Decision: What types of snowboard bags are there and which one is right for you?
- 6 Buying criteria: These are the factors you can use to compare and evaluate snowboard bags
- 7 Facts worth knowing about snowboard bags
- Snowboard bags are used to transport or store snowboards and are usually made of light but tear-resistant polyester.
- You can choose between two different types of snowboard bags. Snowboard bags with or without wheels. Both types have individual advantages and disadvantages.
- Depending on whether you travel a lot or are looking for protection to store your board, a bag with or without wheels is better suited for you.
The Best Snowboard Bag: Our Picks
Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a snowboard bag
How much does a snowboard bag cost?
How much does a snowboard bag weigh?
What material are snowboard bags made of?
Decision: What types of snowboard bags are there and which one is right for you?
There are basically two different types of snowboard bags:
- Snowboard bag with wheels
- Snowboard bag without wheels
Depending on which of these two types of bags you like more or how exactly you use them, one of the two types is suitable for you. In this section we want to provide you with information to help you make your choice. We will introduce you to the two types of snowboard bags and list their advantages and disadvantages.
Snowboard bag with wheels
A snowboard bag with wheels is a bag that holds one or more snowboards and has wheels at one end.
The wheels make long journeys easier, because you don't always have to carry the bag but can also roll it. Especially if you travel a lot by public transport or have to change trains a lot, the easy handling of the bag with wheels is an advantage. A disadvantage is certainly that a bag with wheels is simply heavier and of course a bit more expensive than a snowboard bag without wheels.
Snowboard bag without wheels
A snowboard bag without wheels is a simple bag for your snowboard.
One advantage of a snowboard bag without wheels is that it is just a little cheaper than a bag with wheels. It is especially practical if you are simply looking for a storage option for your snowboard. However, if you are travelling a lot with the bag, it is a bit bulky because you have to carry it all the time.
Buying criteria: These are the factors you can use to compare and evaluate snowboard bags
In this section we want to show you how to evaluate and compare snowboard bags. We will take a closer look at these three buying criteria:
- Special accessories
In the following text, we describe each of the criteria in more detail and you will notice which factors are relevant for you when it comes to buying a snowboard bag.
If you travel a lot with your snowboard bag, the weight plays a big role. If you don't live near a ski resort and you have a longer journey to an area with mountains, a lighter board bag is of course an advantage for you.
If the bag weighs three kilograms, you will have to carry it for the entire journey. If you only want to use a snowboard bag for storage, the weight is not so important. As long as you don't have to carry it for a long time.
If you have a particularly large board or you want to take more than one board with you on your snowboard trip, then you also have to pay attention to the dimensions when it comes to buying a snowboard bag.
If you have a slightly longer board, you also need to look for a bag with the right dimensions. Many snowboard bag manufacturers also make certain bag models in different lengths.
However, if you want to take more than one board with you, you need to make sure that the board bag has enough volume for two or three boards.
Depending on your preferences, you can choose a snowboard bag in different colours and patterns. Many snowboard bags are made in black, as the dark colour makes it harder to spot dirt and grime and easier to maintain than, for example, a white bag. However, there are also snowboard bags in bright colours and patterns.
Some snowboard bags have practical features, such as removable boot pockets, so that individual items of equipment can be stowed away optimally and you can still fit everything in one bag. Here we have listed some features of practical snowboard bags for you:
|Bag size||Large snowboard bags offer the possibility to comfortably carry several boards or even skis.|
|Removable pockets for bindings and boots||Extra pockets help to optimally store the individual items of equipment as well as tools. By packing them separately, they are more protected.|
|Separately closing outer pocket||To store accessories, sun protection, map material, tools, tuning material, wax etc. in a space-saving way, outer pockets are ideal, which are separate and easily accessible.|
|Wheels and carrying straps||These make transport comfortable, relieve the strain on the back and are particularly useful for longer distances back to the car park or hotel. Length-adjustable straps are an advantage.|
|Padded carrying straps||With padded carrying straps, your bag can be carried on your back like a backpack and transported from A to B easily.|
Facts worth knowing about snowboard bags
Pack your snowboard bag correctly:
It is important that you pack your snowboard bag efficiently and properly on your trips and journeys. This way you can pack all the important things like snowboard boots, snowboard, helmet in the bag and save extra luggage. In this section we explain step-by-step how to pack your board bag:
- Remove the bindings from the board and put the board first into the bag.
- Stuff the bindings with smaller items such as gloves or hat and place them in the middle of the board in the bag.
- Put your ski goggles in the helmet and place it next to the bindings.
- Put your robe and jacket together and place your regular clothes at one end and your snowboard clothes and jacket at the other end of the bag.
- Small items such as socks or neck warmers can be placed inside the boots.
- If your board bag has a partition or outside pockets for boots, put them in there. If not, you can put one boot at one end under your regular clothes and the other boot at the other end under your snowboard clothes.
Picture source: 123rf.com / 70847761