Today we are going to talk about a toy that is present in your little one's life even before he is born: the teddy bear.
The teddy bear is usually among a child's first toys and is usually present in their lives for a good number of years, often becoming an affectionate object in the phases following childhood.
Although classic and simple, the choice of the ideal teddy bear should not be random, since it is an object aimed at children.
In the guide below we will point out the advantages of this product, in addition to discussing prices and features that should be observed at the time of purchase.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Teddy Bear: Our Picks
- 4 Buying guide
- 5 Purchase criteria: how to compare teddy bears
- The teddy bear is a very common toy among children between one and five years old. It is considered an affective item, since it connects in a special way with the child, becoming a refuge for moments of fear and distress.
- Due to its adorable characteristics, gifting a teddy bear has become an attitude full of affection and affection among adults.
- As it is a very popular toy, prices can vary between the two extremes: the cheap or expensive.
The Best Teddy Bear: Our Picks
In the guide below we will answer your questions and tell you in more detail what are the benefits of buying one of these for your little one.
Teddy Bear: What is it?
Its most traditional structure is the bear itself, however, there are versions in different types of animals.
Despite being a success for many years among the little ones, it is also used among adults as a form of gift giving and showing affection, since it is endowed with beauty and cuteness.
What are the advantages of the teddy bear?
According to child psychology specialists, the teddy bear brings comfort in distressful situations and teaches children to better deal with their feelings.
The bond established between the child and the bear works as a defence mechanism against moments of anxiety and fear. Often, by turning to his teddy bear, the child finds courage and even refuge.
Besides, it is also a great toy to stimulate imagination, since it is common for children to establish dialogues, create stories and let off steam with this kind of toy, not only in such fearful situations, but also in happy moments.
Finally, teddy bears have a special grace and are always a good choice as decoration objects both in boys' and girls' rooms.
Until when can my child play with a teddy bear?
It is usually said that it is a transactional toy, as it has an affective value and helps in the transition from the state of absolute dependence on the mother to a slightly more independent phase.
Your child's detachment from the teddy bear will probably happen naturally, between the ages of three and five.
After that, it will probably become an object of decoration in the room, but its value will not diminish.
And those who think that adults don't like plush are very wrong! Especially among the female audience, this sweet article is still a representation of affection and affection.
Therefore, it is very common for adults to give gifts with small teddy bears, however, in this case the goal is nothing more than the demonstration of love and care.
How to sanitize a teddy bear?
The fibres of a teddy bear are perfect for dust accumulation and therefore need special care not to become harmful to health.
Below, we will give you some tips that may be very valid:
- Time. Cleaning should be done approximately every four months.
- Mites. If you want to get rid of dust mites all at once, place the toy in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer for 24 hours, as these micro-organisms do not survive at low temperatures.
- Batteries. Before washing, make sure you have removed any batteries or detachable accessories it may have.
- Machine. If you choose to machine wash it, place it inside a pillowcase to prevent it from shedding too many fibres.
- Hand wash. When washing by hand, it is important that you are careful and use the help of a cloth wet in a soapy solution to scrub it.
- Vacuuming. If you vacuum your teddy bear, place a thin sock over the nozzle to protect the fibres from being torn out.
Did you know that the first teddy bears were created in the year 1902, in the United States, after the then president of the country, Theodore Roosevelt refused to participate in a bear hunt?
The noble attitude of the president motivated the manufacture of the toy that was nicknamed Teddy Bear, since Teddy was Roosevelt's nickname.
How much does a teddy bear cost?
Where to buy a teddy bear?
You will find more variety in the toy shops themselves, which we can indicate Ri Happy and PB Kids.
In addition, department stores like Americanas, Carrefour, Extra and Walmart are good options and also do not fail when it comes to variety.
But, if your business is to buy from the comfort of your home, no problem! You can opt for Amazon, Buscapé, Submarino and even the Mercado Livre.
Purchase criteria: how to compare teddy bears
Sometimes children can be a little hard to please. So before you choose your daughter or son's teddy bear, pay attention to a few important details that can make all the difference!
Below, we will explain a little better what each of these points implies.
The fur of the teddy bears is reproduced through synthetic fibres, which can have different sizes and textures. It is important that you choose a bear option with soft, comfortable and non sticky fibre, ok?
Choose the bear size taking into account the child's size and the space you have to keep it. There's no point in choosing a 1-meter bear for a 6-month-old baby or for children with small bedrooms.
Try to think of sizes that can be useful at different stages of childhood, and that can be easily stored when the little ones are no longer with the toy.
The teddy bear, as we said, is one of those affectionate toys that your child will turn to in a moment of distress.
Taking this into account, buy models with soft foam, which are pleasant to hug and even to sleep together.
Finally, the design. Nowadays there is no shortage of options on the market. You can choose a plush with characteristics of a famous character, or simply the one you think is most appropriate.
Although it is a matter of taste, be careful in your choice and base it on your little one's preferences, since it is important that he connects with the toy.
(Featured image source: Tetyana Kovyrina / Pexels)