Why should you always only show off your décolleté or legs to perfection? With the help of ankle boots for women, it's finally the turn of the ankles! Ankle boots were first fashionable in the 80s and are now celebrating their absolute comeback.
It's not without reason that all the influencers, it-girls and street style bloggers are now wearing the trendy boots. The women's ankle boots are true all-rounders and, with their short and casual cut, simply make a statement and add a cool pep to pretty much any look.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women´s Ankle Boots: Our Picks
- 3 Ankle boots for women: The most important questions answered
- 4 Styling tips for ankle boots for women: How to achieve the perfect boot look
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Women´s Ankle Boots: Our Picks
Ankle boots for women: The most important questions answered
To help you choose the right ankle boots for women and answer any other questions you may have about this fashion must-have, we have summarised all the important information and tips for you below.
What are ankle boots for women?
The term ankle boot is derived from the English word "ankle", which means ankle, and "boots", which means boots. Simply put, they are shorter ankle boots that reach up to or just below the ankle. They fill the gap between women's ankle boots and high-front pumps.
When should women's ankle boots be worn?
The ankle boot for women is definitely the shoe that can be worn seasonally and for almost any occasion. They are the perfect complement to an everyday denim look, an airy summer dress or an elegant evening outfit.
What types of ankle boots are there for women?
Women's ankle boots come in a wide variety of designs, colours and styles. To give you a rough overview, we have selected the most popular models for you.
- Ankle boots with a spiked heel: These women's boots with a narrow heel and pointed front provide feminine retro charm. They automatically enhance pretty much any outfit and should not be missing from any fashion lover's wardrobe.
- Ankle boots with block heels: They are comfortable and yet extremely elegant. The block heel boots for women can be combined with dresses, skirts as well as jeans with a blouse and trench coat. In any case, they look very feminine and make the legs look a little longer.
- Ankle boots with lacing: Thanks to the comeback of the well-known DocMartens,ankle boots with lacing are all the rage again. They are definitely a comfortable yet stylish companion.
- Chelsea boots: Chelsea boots are probably the best known of the ankle boots for women. With their mid-height block heel and rubberised sides, they are considered a true all-rounder and go with just about every look imaginable.
- Chunky boots: Chunky boots are last year's trend piece. The boots with the chunky sole were initially mainly available in black smooth leather. But now lighter colours like khaki, beige or white are also on the rise. The shoe speaks for itself, radiating clear self-confidence.
- Cowboy boots: For a long time, western-style boots disappeared from the fashion world, but now they too are having a revival. Worn with a variety of denim looks or in contrast to loose dresses, they make quite a statement.
- Sock boots: The provocative combination of high heels with eye-catching socks quickly evolved into the sock boot, which looks very much like a tight-fitting sock. However, you should be careful to wear the shoes with cropped or ⅞-pants and then let the shaft of the shoes disappear under the hem of the trousers. The shoes combined with a skirt or dress could quickly look very unflattering, especially on smaller women.
The list could go on forever, as there is hardly an end to the variety of different shapes and designs of ankle boots for women. In the end, it's up to you and your individual style which model you choose.
How do I care for my women's ankle boots properly?
Shoes have to withstand a lot, which is why good shoe care is essential. Since women's ankle boots can be worn in both warm and cold seasons, it is first important to waterproof them to protect them from unsightly edges and marks and at the same time make cleaning easier.
Waterproofing sprays and foams are suitable for this purpose, as are Aqua-Stop products, which should ideally be applied for the first time directly after purchasing the shoes. This procedure should then be repeated every two weeks at best.
It is also advisable to keep the ankle boots for women in shape with shoe trees. Consistent use after every wear will prevent typical creases and wrinkles. For leather shoes like ankle boots, softer foam shoe trees are particularly suitable.
Styling tips for ankle boots for women: How to achieve the perfect boot look
- The more striking the outfit, the less conspicuous the shoe and vice versa: you should always keep this principle in mind when wearing ankle boots for women. So, if your outfit is already a real eye-catcher, you should choose rather plainer ankle boots to go with it. On the other hand, if you have a very neutral and simple outfit, you can go for really expressive boots with unusual prints, for example.
- Style breaks welcome: With the help of women's ankle boots you can create wonderful style breaks. For example, you can choose airy summer dresses, mini skirts or even a small, glamorous evening dress to go with the rather coarse boots.
- Ankle boots and skinny jeans: Tight jeans and ankle-high boots are a classic and never the wrong choice! However, the trousers should always be able to be tucked into the shoe to avoid unflatteringly shortened legs.
- The ankle eye-catcher: As the name of the ankle boots for women already says, the shoes reach up to or just below the ankle. Skirts, dresses, 3/4 or 7/8 trousers are particularly suitable with these trendy boots to show off this part of the body to its best advantage. But if you don't want to give up your boyfriend jeans, just roll them up a little and let your ankles show.
- Black ankle boots and opaque black tights: Look chic and have endless long legs at the same time? You can achieve this by wearing your women's black ankle boots with a dress or shorts and black opaque tights. This look is elegant, stylish and warm at the same time.
Whether with or without a heel, with cut-outs, with pearls, with buckles, with zips or in the trendy animal print, ankle boots for women are definite all-rounders and a must-have in every wardrobe. With their different shapes, they can be combined in many ways and are suitable for a long night at the club, for the office as well as for a shopping trip or brunch in the city.
In winter, the trendy women's ankle boots keep your feet dry and in summer, too, the functional boots are comfortable to wear, but in any season they always give your look that certain something. You can never go wrong with ankle boots for women, so if you don't have any of these boots yet, it's high time you did. And don't be afraid to try out the variety of styles of trendy retro boots and find your own look.
(Image source: Max Conrad / unsplash.com)