The light and airy eye-catcher for warm days: the ladies' ankle sandal. The special thing about sandals is that they combine a feminine appearance with the heel, while the cut-outs or thin straps provide optimal ventilation. So you can enjoy a great appearance for any occasion. Wide straps or just cut-outs at the toes and heel also ensure a secure hold.
With this women's all-rounder, you are prepared for all everyday requirements, because women's ankle sandals are the stylish solution if you don't want to turn up at the summer party with the boss in flip-flops.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women's Ankle Sandals: Our Picks
- 3 Women's Ankle Sandals: The most important questions answered
- 4 Styling tips for women's ankle sandals: How to achieve the perfect ankle sandal look
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Women's Ankle Sandals: Our Picks
Women's Ankle Sandals: The most important questions answered
You can read about what you should look out for before buying women's ankle sandals below. Whether you are looking for an everyday sandal or an exciting party shoe. Here you will find answers to your questions.
What's the difference between women's ankle sandals and ankle sandals?
Which models of women's ankle sandals are available?
In spring and autumn, you don't have to do without your women's ankle sandals altogether. In these seasons, closed models with cut-outs at the toes and heel are more suitable. This way you show some skin but don't freeze your feet off.
What types of heels are available for women's ankle sandals?
- Flat heels: An ankle sandal with a heel of a few millimetres still creates an elegant and feminine look. However, they remain sporty and more suitable for everyday wear.
- Block heels: The block heel offers a secure step thanks to its wide tread. The heel can be higher and still be comfortable to wear. A heel in contrasting colour to the ankle sandal makes the women's shoe a real eye-catcher.
- Wedge heels: Only the wedge heel offers even more safety and wearing comfort. They rise continuously and form a continuous sole. The wedge heel often has a cork look or is made of raffia. This forms a beautiful contrast to the coloured sandal for women.
- Platform soles: Platforms are located on the front of the foot and increase the wearing comfort of high heels because they usually add a few centimetres. The heel can be as much as 12 centimetres high and the shoes remain comfortable.
- High heels: High heels are the little seducers. They are characterised by a high and narrow heel that visually lengthens the legs. A wish of many ladies
However, there are a few other small factors that are decisive for the right fit of women's ankle sandals.
How do I ensure the right fit?
- Fitting: As your feet can swell during the day, it is advisable to try on women's sandals in the late afternoon.
- The upper: The upper strap should fit snugly to provide enough support, but not pinch or even cut in. As an alternative to a fixed upper on your women's sandal, there are models with an elastic closure. This way, you can always adjust the closure to your needs and the condition of your feet.
Styling tips for women's ankle sandals: How to achieve the perfect ankle sandal look
Tip 1: Combine your favourite pair of flat-heeled ankle sandals with jeans shorts and a white blouse for an everyday look. You'll be perfectly equipped for a day of shopping with a friend.
Tip 2: Women's ankle sandals with block heels are super practical if you want to dress stylishly and practically for the next summer wedding. This way, despite the possible heat, they always have a stable hold and look good at the same time.
Tip 3: The classic for balmy summer nights on holiday are white ankle sandals with a raffia wedge heel. Add a white off-the-shoulder dress and a hat and you are the eye-catcher when walking along the beach promenade.
With these combinations, we have described some possible looks for you. Of course, there are no limits to your creativity. Sometimes you surprise yourself and everyone around you with a new combination.
As you can see, women's ankle sandals simply always go. You can style them just as well for special occasions, such as a wedding or an elegant dinner, as for a casual stroll through town with your best friend. But you don't have to sacrifice style for everyday office wear either. Choose a version with a medium-high block heel of 5 - 7 centimetres and amaze your colleagues.
These all-rounders come in a variety of styles, colours and embellishments. You can combine women's ankle sandals with almost any outfit. The right fit and heel height are crucial for a comfortable fit.
(Image source: Taylor Smith / unsplash.com)