In the past, women's biker jackets were only worn by real bikers. Nowadays, things look quite different. Now, most women own at least one biker jacket, because the classic biker jacket cut has long since become the standard cut for a large number of leather jackets.
The selection is now so large that it is easy to lose track of the variety. It is not easy to find out which biker jacket for women is really perfect for you. But there is definitely something for everyone. With this article, we want to help you find your dream biker jacket.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Womens Biker Jacket: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying biker jackets for women
- 4 Biker jackets for ladies: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for biker jackets for women: How to achieve the perfect biker jacket look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Womens Biker Jacket: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying biker jackets for women
Since there are many different biker jackets for women on the market, it's no wonder that choosing the perfect product is not that easy. In order to eliminate these problems, we have selected the most important criteria when buying a lambskin jacket. These are the buying criteria:
- Inner lining
So that you can now get an even better idea of these aspects, we have explained them for you in the following section.
In order for your new biker jacket for women to be perfect for you, it must also fit perfectly. There are several aspects that contribute to a perfect fit. On the one hand, the biker jacket should be slightly tighter at the waist, but on the other hand, the entire jacket should fit snugly.
For fuller-figured women, a straight zip is suitable, as this creates a slimmer look. If you have somewhat broader shoulders, then you should avoid models with padded shoulders, as this makes them look even bigger.
Biker jackets for women are usually made of leather. This is either artificial or genuine leather. Genuine leather is usually one of the following three types of leather:
- Nubuck leather: This leather is made from the hide of cattle. The surface of nubuck leather feels almost like velvet due to the special manufacturing process.
- Nappa leather: This leather is made from pigskin or cowhide. Nappa leather is a soft and smooth leather.
- Suede: Suede is made from pig or goat hides and has a rough surface.
Biker jackets made of imitation leather are now of such a high quality that the difference is hardly noticeable to the naked eye. Imitation leather consists of textile fabric covered with a layer of PVC or polyester.
However, real leather is much more expensive than imitation leather, so make sure that you get what you paid for, especially from unknown dealers.
When buying a new women's biker jacket, pay attention to the workmanship of the seams as well as the leather. The thread should normally not be visible and the seams should be smooth and not wavy. If you notice gaps in the seams when you pull them apart, you should not buy the jacket, as it will probably not last very long.
Depending on the purpose of the biker jacket, there are of course warmer and colder models. Biker jackets for cooler days are often lined with wool or lambskin. This gives the biker jacket a greatly increased thermal insulation. This means that the heat produced by the body cannot escape so easily to the outside and thus keeps the body warm better.
Biker jackets for ladies: The most important questions answered
To make sure you know all the important things about biker jackets for women, we have listed the most frequently asked questions and explained them in detail for you so that nothing stands in the way of your next biker jacket purchase.
In which styles are biker jackets for women available?
- Lined biker jackets for colder days: As the name suggests, these biker jackets are best suited for colder temperatures. This is because they offer excellent thermal insulation thanks to the inner lining, which is usually made of wool. However, they tend not to be suitable for sub-zero temperatures.
- Rocking biker jackets: These models are the usual rocker biker jacket. In addition to leather, they can also be made of denim, sometimes both are combined, and are sometimes frayed in some places or have patches on them, which further support the rocker look.
- Elegant biker jackets for restaurant visits: These models are plain black leather jackets for women. It should be a relatively close-fitting version that narrows a little at the waist.
So you see, a biker jacket for women can not only be used for motorcycling, rather it has long since arrived in the everyday fashion of today's woman. So much so, in fact, that most people have the classic biker jacket in mind when they think of leather jackets.
How do I know if my biker jackets for women fit well?
Smaller and normal-sized women should make sure that their chosen biker jacket is smaller. This means that it should never be longer than the waist. It should be tighter at the waist and then open out again a little. This way, smaller women can make their legs look a little taller and longer by choosing the right jacket.
With larger women, the exact opposite is actually the case. Here you should definitely keep your hands off biker jackets that are too short, as they quickly make you look even taller. Instead, you can fall back on what many women would like to wear. And that is oversized. Because of the long legs, the jacket definitely doesn't look too big and at the same time you can make a casual statement with it.
How do I care for and clean my biker jackets for women?
- Smooth leather: Smooth leather is not exactly insensitive, so you should clean it with special care. One reason for this is that water and soap extract fats from the leather, which can quickly make it stiff and brittle. It is therefore best to use a special leather detergent and some lukewarm water, which you combine with a particularly soft sponge or a microfibre cloth. For particularly stubborn stains, you should consult a specialist.
- Suede: Unfortunately, suede is even more sensitive than smooth leather. Stains that are difficult to remove can be removed relatively easily with a little carpet foam. For normal stains, it is best to use special leather cleaner and a soft sponge or microfibre cloth, as with smooth leather.
If you absolutely want to wash your biker jacket for women in the washing machine, then please do so at a maximum of 30 degrees. You should also use the gentle programme and mild detergent. Under no circumstances should you use the spin cycle or tumble dryer. And be sure to turn the biker jacket inside out before washing. To keep your leather jacket soft, you should regularly use a special leather care cream.
How can I recognise genuine leather in ladies' biker jackets?
- The smell: It is relatively easy to recognise genuine leather by its smell. It has an unmistakable odour of its own that is not easy to imitate. Imitation leather, on the other hand, smells like plastic or not at all.
- The touch: Especially leather that is not so smooth feels warm and soft and is pleasant to the touch. In contrast, the surface of artificial leather is usually smooth and cold. Moreover, genuine leather sometimes has grain or stitch residues.
- The price: Of course, genuine leather is a lot more expensive than imitation leather. Therefore, you should look very carefully at the particularly cheap offers.
Styling tips for biker jackets for women: How to achieve the perfect biker jacket look
Biker jackets are best worn with a T-shirt underneath. Add a pair of tight jeans and the biker jacket outfit is complete. If you want to be a bit more dressy, you can also wear a dress under your biker jacket. Just make sure that the colours of the jacket do not clash with those of the dress.
When it comes to shoes, you should also go for black or white models, as these go best with most biker jackets. For something a little more chic, high heels can also be combined perfectly.
Biker jackets for women are among the most popular jackets of all among women. And this is not unjustified, because no matter whether you're on your way to work, in your free time or on your way to a chic restaurant, the biker jacket for women will always round off your outfit perfectly and make you a real eye-catcher.
All kinds of looks can be created with the help of a biker jacket. It just depends on you being able to combine it correctly and put it in the limelight. But the most important thing is to find a biker jacket that fits well and feels comfortable to wear.
Image source: Iam Os, unsplash.com