Different bikinis for women are a dime a dozen. Every woman has them and every woman loves them. Bikinis for women are an absolute must and have long had a standard place in every wardrobe. No woman wants to wear the same bikini every summer or wear the same bikini every day on holiday.
The selection of different types of bikinis for women is gigantic. There is a suitable bikini for women for every taste and every figure. Decisive for the perfect look is both the right fit and the ideal styling.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women´s Bikini: Our Choices
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying bikinis for women
- 4 Women's bikinis: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for women's bikinis: How to achieve the perfect bikini look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Women´s Bikini: Our Choices
Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying bikinis for women
To help you find the right bikini for you, we have put together the most important buying criteria that you should definitely consider when making your decision. These are the following buying criteria:
We present the individual criteria in more detail below.
The colour of the bikini for women is one of the few aspects that determine the appearance of the bikini. A person looking at you will not know what material the bikini is made of or how comfortable it is to wear. He will only see the colour and style of the bikini.
As you will already know, there are colours that suit your skin type better and colours that suit you worse. If you don't already know, here is a small list.
- Pastel colours are best for you if you have pale, fair skin. Light blues or pinks are nice - but corals and powders also suit your pale skin. Why? These colours resemble your skin tone and therefore make you look more tanned.
- If your skin is already slightly tanned, strong colours such as red, pink or royal blue will look particularly good on you. These colours do not make the skin look pale or contrast too much.
- If you have naturally darker skin or get colour quickly, bikinis in black or white will suit you very well. You can also opt for silver, gold or copper swimwear, as these colours look great on darker skin.
In principle, however, the choice of colour is entirely up to you. If you are a rather pale type but would like a black bikini for women, you are welcome to do so. The important thing is that you feel good about yourself.
As varied as the styles of women's bikinis are, so are the different materials that are used. Women's bikinis are swimwear, which is why conventional materials such as cotton, corded wool, leather, etc. are not used.
Materials that are very common for bikinis are, for example, microfibre, Lycra, Tactel, polyamide, spandex, polyester and synthetics. Depending on which material you choose and how the material is used, many different types and styles of bikinis for women can be created.
Basically, the choice of material for your bikini depends on your preferred comfort against the skin and the look you want. However, if you have any allergies, you should place a high value on this choice.
If you like something simple, a plain bikini is more for you. However, if you want to stand out and be the eye-catcher on the beach, it is worth considering a patterned bikini.
There are many types and patterns that your women's bikini could have. You can opt for striped patterns or you can opt for completely different patterns. There are more plain patterns like a black and white striped bikini or there are very eye-catching bikinis such as motley Caribbean prints. On this print there are very bright and eye-catching colours. There are tropical plants, colourful birds and small palm trees on the bikini.
These patterns were only a very small part of the available patterns. You have to decide for yourself which one you like best and find the right one in the online shops.
Due to the large selection, you can choose the perfect bikini for women and lie on the beach on your next beach holiday full of joy and flashes and feel good.
Bikinis for women are of course available in a wide variety of sizes and styles. Every taste has been catered for. Whether you want a swimming costume, a strapless bikini or a string bikini is up to you.
Depending on your body shape and size, it varies which cut suits you best. Here are some examples for you:
- An underwired bikini provides secure support for larger bust sizes
- Triangle bikinis accentuate a petite figure and show a lot of skin
- Bikinis with embellishments like ruffles and flounces give more volume
In principle, it is up to you which cut you find best and therefore it is up to you which bikini for women you choose.
Women's bikinis: The most important questions answered
It is difficult to make the right decision among all the different models. To help you with your purchase decision, we have listed and answered the most important questions about women's bikinis.
What types of women's bikinis are available?
- The triangle bikini consists of two triangular cups that are tied at the back and neck with narrow ties. This bikini for women creates a particularly exciting summer look, as these bikinis usually have very little fabric and therefore show off your figure very well. They also support an almost seamless tan, as the narrow bands hardly leave any marks.
- If your goal is to tan as seamlessly as possible, the bandeau bikini is the perfect choice for you. They have a strapless and straight cut top, which allows them to tan their shoulders without stripes. Thanks to the side bars, the bikinis provide a secure hold and a high level of wearing comfort, as nothing cuts in.
- If you are looking for a bikini for women that provides a secure hold and good support, the underwired bikini is a very good choice. They have a built-in wire underwire and usually pre-shaped cups that slightly shape and lift the bust. This keeps the bust securely in the cup.
- For sporting activities on the beach and in the water, the bikini should fit well and have a firm hold. Sport bikinis with wide straps have a good and secure fit and are therefore well suited. The panties should also have a high waistband for intensive swimming, surfing or volleyball games so that nothing can slip.
- A bikini for women that provides more volume is the push-up bikini. They have a very nice shape and show off your bust through the sewn-in stays. Your bust is supported from the sides and pushed upwards and towards the centre, making your bust look enlarged.
By knowing this, you can choose the bikini for ladies that is right for you and shine this summer.
How do I care for and clean my ladies bikini?
To keep your ladies bikini looking great on your next summer holiday, make sure you take proper care of it. Here is some information on how to do it.
- It is important that you follow the care instructions on the label.
- You should shower off before you go into the water and when you come out of the water. This will remove any residues of care products, chlorine and salt.
- Wash the two-piece by hand with mild washing powder in lukewarm water. Then rinse with clean water.
- Finally, leave the women's bikini to dry lying down in the fresh air in the shade.
If you follow these care tips, your women's bikini should not lose its colour or shine, making it perfect for next summer.
Styling tips for women's bikinis: How to achieve the perfect bikini look
The wide range of bikinis for women gives you the opportunity to choose the perfect bikini for you. You can choose the bikini that shows off your assets and conceals your problem areas. You can find out which bikini model suits your figure so that you can feel comfortable in your beach outfit in the following overview.
- If you have a small bust, a triangle bikini with thin ribbons is a great way to emphasise it. You can also choose another off-the-shoulder model. Bikinis with embellishments such as flounces, ruffles or ruffles are a great way to add some bust. Bright colours and eye-catching patterns also add volume.
- A large bust size needs support and support. Bikinis with integrated underwires and moulded cups are recommended. To relieve the pressure on your shoulders, choose a bikini with a wide underbust band, a wide band and wide straps. To make your large bust look smaller, there are minimizer bikinis or you can choose a bikini with dark colours.
- If you have slightly wider hips, you should rather opt for an inconspicuous panty. This draws the eye to the upper body. In addition, the briefs should have a slightly higher leg cut and a wide side cuff that does not cut in. This visually stretches your legs and makes you look slimmer.
- High-waist bikini bottoms are a great way to conceal a small tummy line. You can pull the high waistband up almost to your belly button and thus hide a little tummy. But if you want to show less skin, a tankini is a very nice alternative.
So as you can see, your options are very immense due to the high selection of bikinis for women. You can hide your problem areas and still choose a very beautiful bikini for women that suits you.
Ladies bikinis are an absolute must for the summer. Whether patterned or plain, simple or eye-catching, bikinis are available in numerous variations and colours. With this immense selection, you can be the absolute eye-catcher next summer on the beach, by the sea or in the swimming pool.
It's all about the right combination and the right styling. However, a good fit and a comfortable feel should always be the top priority when it comes to women's trousers.
Image source: Unsplash.com / Artem Beliaikin