Dresses for women come in all kinds of shapes, patterns, colours and lengths. There is also a suitable model for every occasion and every season. In this article, however, we would like to introduce you to a very special dress - the blazer dress. The blazer dress is a great piece of clothing because it flatters almost every figure by drawing the eye to the slender legs and the wide cut makes it possible to hide a small belly if desired. It can also be combined and worn in different ways.
When choosing and wearing your blazer dress, there are a few guidelines you can follow to create the best look and feel comfortable. In this article you will find various buying criteria, as well as a few answers to the most important questions about this garment. In addition, we will give you some advice on how exactly you can put together a great look.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Womens Blazer Dress: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying blazer dresses for women
- 4 Ladies' blazer dress: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for women's blazer dresses: How to create the perfect look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Womens Blazer Dress: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying blazer dresses for women
The various blazer dresses available for purchase often look very similar on the whole. Nevertheless, there are a few aspects that distinguish the dresses. We want to support you in your decision and have put together a few criteria to guide you.
These are the following buying criteria:
- Length and size
- Colour and pattern
In the following paragraphs, you can read what is important in the individual aspects.
Blazer dresses that can be bought in the usual online shops usually have a large proportion of synthetics. This material may not be the best material, but the dresses still look great and this also results in a very good price. Natural fabrics, such as cotton, silk or linen, feel good on the skin and are very comfortable to wear. However, blazer dresses made of these fabrics are less common and of course more expensive. In the end, of course, the most important thing is to pay attention to good quality and workmanship of the material.
Length and size
Most blazer dresses come in a short length. It is particularly important to make sure that the blazer dress is long enough so that you can't see what you shouldn't see. Especially if you want to wear your blazer dress to work, you should choose an appropriate length. For this, we recommend a knee-length blazer dress. Another option, of course, would be to wear a longer blouse underneath.
You are not usually limited in your choice of size. The usual selection ranges from XS to XL. Blazer dresses are also often worn oversized, which means that you buy your garment one or two sizes larger than usual.
Colour and pattern
Plain blazer dresses are often offered, for example in the colours black, white, beige or red. The classic buttons are then also in the same colour or they are black. Such monochrome dresses can look very simple but also elegant at the same time.
There are also blazer dresses with different patterns. Checked or striped patterns are popular here, for example. Sometimes lace elements are also used, especially in black. Other special elements such as puffed sleeves or ribbed elements are also occasionally present.
Ladies' blazer dress: The most important questions answered
In the following section we would like to give you some additional information. We have collected relevant questions on the topic of women's blazer dresses and prepared detailed answers for you.
What types of blazer dresses are there for women?
- Classic blazer dress with buttons: The classic blazer dress, like the ordinary blazer, has buttons to close it. These are usually large and conspicuous.
- Blazer dresswith belt: There are also blazer dresses with belts. These belts can be either thinner or wider and often have an elaborate buckle. Usually the belts are also tone-in-tone with the rest of the dress. Such a blazer dress is also somewhat reminiscent of a trench coat, but fits tighter than one.
- Tied blazer dress: Another variation of the blazer dress is tied at the side. Such a blazer dress can look very elegant and chic. At the same time, it can also be very comfortable.
Now you still have to decide for yourself which type of blazer dress you like best.
How do I choose the right colour for my ladies blazer dress?
If you have pale skin, you should also avoid pale colours. In concrete terms, this means that you should perhaps not necessarily choose a blazer dress in white, beige or light shades. Pastel shades don't always go well with pale skin either. Strong, preferably dark shades of blue, red or purple suit you better in this case. A black dress can also look great.
If, on the other hand, you have tanned skin, you are more flexible in your choice of colours. On the one hand, pastel shades can look particularly beautiful, but also stronger shades. You should avoid shades that blend in with your darker skin.
What should I bear in mind when caring for a blazer dress for women?
What accessories go with a blazer dress for women?
It is best to choose rather plain jewellery, monochrome in silver, gold or rose gold. You can choose freely, depending on whether you prefer to wear necklaces, earrings, bracelets, watches or rings. It is best to match your shoes to the rest of your look. If you want a sporty look, white sneakers, for example, will almost always fit. For an elegant look, choose high heels or even boots with heels. Overknees can also look great. If you want to wear your blazer dress in winter or in a more serious setting, it is a good idea to wear tights. You can choose between coloured or skin-coloured tights that are either more transparent or opaque.
Styling tips for women's blazer dresses: How to create the perfect look
In this section we will now give you a detailed step-by-step description of an entire look, which you can use as a guide if you need it.
- The basic structure for your look is, of course, the blazer dress. For this we choose a very classic version in black with black buttons. You can also choose a size larger than you usually wear. Consequently, make sure that your dress is long enough.
- We combine it with tone-in-tone black overknees. This combination makes for an elegant look that also looks a little more dressed up and is therefore also good to wear in different settings.
- Now it's time to choose some matching jewellery. For example, you could choose a filigree gold necklace and delicate gold hoop earrings.
- As a colour accent, you can now wear a bright red lipstick, for example.
You can't go far wrong by choosing a look like this and you're sure to look great.
When choosing your blazer dress, make sure the material is of good quality, choose an appropriate size and length and preferably a colour that suits you. With different types of blazer dresses, you can simply go for the one that suits you the most. When it comes to care, it is best to follow the manufacturer's care instructions.
To create your perfect look, feel free to follow our suggestion or simply modify or add to it according to your personal preferences. Since a blazer dress is already a real statement, you don't need much else for a great outfit. With the right blazer dress, you can be dressed appropriately for a variety of occasions and hopefully feel completely comfortable.
Photo source: Vahid Kanani/Unsplash.com