If you only think of fishing hats for men, you are underestimating the potential of this headgear. Because a fisherman's hat is also a practical and fashionable must-have for women. It has even made it onto the catwalks of this world. The selection of fishing hats for women is huge. They come in every imaginable colour, pattern and material. You will always cut a fine figure. Whether on the beach, gardening or at parties.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Womens Bucket Hat: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look out for when buying fishing hats for women
- 4 Fisherman's hats for ladies: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for women's fishing hats: How to achieve the perfect look
The Best Womens Bucket Hat: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look out for when buying fishing hats for women
There are many different types of fishing hats for women. To make it easier for you to choose, we list the most important criteria for buying. These buying criteria for women's fishing hats are:
- Intended use
- Quality / workmanship
In the following section, we briefly explain the above criteria.
Women's fishing hats are made of different materials such as cotton, nylon, fleece, denim, wool or fur as well as other materials. The decisive factor is what you want to use your ladies' fishing hat for. Thin fabrics like cotton and nylon are particularly suitable for hot summer days. In winter, on the other hand, wool and fleece are the better choice because they have warming properties.
Fishing hats for women can be used for outdoor activities, leisure or as an accessory. Since fishing hats also have a functional aspect, you should also pay attention to UV protection and waterproofness, depending on the intended use. UV protection prevents sunburn during a longer stay in the sun. The fishing hat should be waterproof when it rains.
Women's fishing hats usually come in a universal size (head circumference 56 cm). However, if you have a very small or large head, you will also find models in special sizes. Here, the selection is not as large, but the fishing hat fits perfectly.
Quality / workmanship
If you want your ladies' fishing hat to last a long time, make sure it is of good quality. This is especially evident in the seams and the brim of the hat. The seams should be well finished. Protruding threads are a sign of poor workmanship. A stiff brim is also a sign of quality. It ensures that the fishing hat sits well on the head.
Many fishing hats for women offer various extras. A cord or ribbon can be used to tighten the fishing hat and protect it even better from wind and rain. In addition, the wind does not blow the hat off your head so quickly. A face shield repels rain and reduces the sun's rays.
Many fishermen's hats can be worn on both sides, as they can be turned around. They then have different patterns or colours on the other side, for example. Some hats have small pockets integrated. Ideal for money or small cosmetic items.
Fisherman's hats for ladies: The most important questions answered
In this section we would like to answer the most important questions about fishing hats for women.
What are the advantages of a fishing hat for women?
- Lightness: The fishing hat is very light and comfortable to wear. This makes it ideal on hot days as there is no heat build-up on the head. Additional air holes ensure a constant exchange of air.
- Stowability / crushability: A fishing hat can be easily deformed. So you can easily fold it up and stow it in your bag.
- Shade: Due to its shape, a fishing hat is the ideal shade provider. It also protects your face and neck from sunburn. Perfect for a day at the beach or gardening.
- Rain protection: With a special coating of Goretex, the fishing hat protects against rain. This is a plus for longer stays outdoors.
As you can see, there are many advantages to owning a fishing hat as a lady. Since it does not take up much space in your handbag, it is an ideal companion for all occasions.
Which materials are suitable for what?
- Cotton and linen: They are particularly robust and light at the same time. Therefore they are well suited for summer hats. Linen also has a cooling effect. Cotton is kind to the skin and good for ladies with sensitive skin.
- Fleece: This material provides warmth. It is therefore ideal for lower temperatures. Some fishing hats also have fold-out ear protection. Perfect for ladies who get cold quickly.
- Wool: Wool is suitable for cold days as it keeps the head nice and warm.
In principle, thin materials have cooling properties and thick materials have warming properties.
How do I care for and clean my women's fishing hat?
Styling tips for women's fishing hats: How to achieve the perfect look
- Holiday look: Combined with a maxi dress and Roman sandals, you get that holiday feeling. Whether it's a city trip or a day at the beach, it protects your face and neck from the sun and makes you look good.
- Country gentry: a checked woolen fisherman's hat, plus a lace-up blouse and riding trousers. The look is ready à la English landed gentry.
- Style break: You can also deliberately use a fisherman's hat as a style break. In combination with an ankle-length skirt you will attract the attention of others.
- Men's look: Ladies can also wear a fishing hat for men. With fishing trousers, a sweater and rubber boots, you get a masculine look.
Women's fishing hats can be combined with many items of clothing and go with almost all fashion styles.
Fisherman's hats for women are a fashionable and at the same time functional accessory. They protect you from sun and rain, are easy to handle and can be combined with many items of clothing. Whether for leisure or as a fashion statement, you are always right with a fisherman's hat. Forget the idea that fishing hats are only for men.
As a lady, you can also enjoy the many advantages of a fisherman's hat. You can choose from a wide range of patterns, colours and fabrics. The guidebook has given you important tips for making the right choice. Now it is up to you to find the perfect fisherman's hat.
Image source: Vic / unsplash.com