Cargo shorts for women are the short version of cargo trousers, which have side pockets in the thigh and knee area. The cargo shorts are therefore mainly used by workers, the police and the emergency services. Cargo shorts, on the other hand, are mainly worn as leisure wear or for sports.
Women's cargo shorts are available in different materials, colours and styles. Because cargo shorts are rather loose-fitting, they are often worn in summer for various leisure activities. This makes it nice and airy on the legs and nothing stands in the way of sporting activities, unlike when a skirt is worn.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Womens Cargo Shorts: Our Picks
- 3 Cargo shorts for women: The most important questions answered
- 4 Styling tips for women's cargo shorts: How to achieve the perfect cargo shorts look
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Womens Cargo Shorts: Our Picks
Cargo shorts for women: The most important questions answered
To help you find the right cargo shorts for women for the appropriate occasion, we have compiled and answered the most important questions about women's cargo shorts.
In which styles are cargo shorts for women available?
- Leisure: In the leisure version of cargo shorts for women, the cargo shorts are a little looser. The lengths go from very short to just above the knee and the side pockets are in the thigh area. Here you can see the classic look of the original cargo shorts.
- Sport: The sporty version of the women's cargo shorts is very tight-fitting and made of a completely different material. They have side pockets on the thigh, but the style is different from the normal cargo shorts.
- Business casual: The business casual style among cargo shorts for women is characterised by a crease and the lack of side pockets on the thigh. The colours beige, brown and olive often come into play here.
Finally, the business casual version can of course also be worn in your free time. Here, it's the look and the choice of colours that make the difference. Just try on different models and see which style you like best.
What materials are available for women's cargo shorts?
- Cotton: Almost all cargo shorts for women are made of cotton. Cotton has the advantage of being breathable, which prevents excessive sweating in summer.
- Linen: Linen is also, like cotton, a natural fibre and is therefore breathable. However, linen is much more durable and stable than cotton and therefore keeps its shape even after years.
- Polyester: Polyester is a man-made fabric. It is lighter and feels silkier than cotton. It is therefore particularly suitable for sports, as it dries quickly. However, polyester cannot absorb sweat into the fibres.
- BI-Stretch fabric: A BI-Stretch fabric is an elastic fabric that is characterised by its high breathability, quick absorption of moisture and perfect adaptation to the body. This fabric is therefore popular for sports.
Of course, the material mainly depends on the activity for which the shorts are to be worn. For sports, the two lower materials are suitable, although if you sweat more, you should go for the BI-Stretch fabric rather than polyester, as this fabric can absorb the sweat into the fibres, so there is no sticky feeling on the skin.
During which season can I wear my ladies cargo shorts?
How do I wash and care for my women's cargo shorts?
Cotton can be washed with a heavy-duty or colour detergent and can do without fabric softener. Linen should be treated with a colour or mild detergent. In addition, linen needs a gentle wash cycle.
Polyester is very sensitive to detergents, so use a mild detergent. Polyester should also not be put in the dryer, as the fabric can be damaged. BI stretch fabric can be washed with a colour or mild detergent and can be tumble dried.
Styling tips for women's cargo shorts: How to achieve the perfect cargo shorts look
- Create a trendy business look with beige cargo shorts for women made of cotton or linen, combined with a white blouse and a matching blazer. Discreet jewellery and patent leather pumps complete the look.
- For a summery casual look, go for a pair of coloured high-waisted cargo shorts and a short-sleeved blouse with puff sleeves. Add sneakers and sunglasses and you have a summer look.
- For a cool biker look, combine olive-coloured women's cargo shorts with a white spaghetti strap top, a black biker leather jacket and cool black boots with studs. Sunglasses round off the outfit.
- If you're sporty, why not combine a pair of women's cargo shorts in BI stretch fabric with a long white blouse and white trainers. Round off the look with sunglasses and a sports watch.
Cargo shorts for women no longer have to look like work trousers. Whether in the office, at a meeting, eating ice cream or going out. Women's cargo shorts can now be worn for almost any occasion, thanks to the numerous choices available.
The most diverse looks are possible. It's all about the right combination and the right styling. However, the most important thing is that the women's cargo shorts fit you properly and that you feel comfortable in them.
Image source: unsplash.com / paje victoria