Office, leisure, events, business appointments. The modern woman's everyday life is made up of many different situations, events and appointments for which she wants to be stylishly and attractively dressed, but still feel comfortable. This can be a big challenge from time to time, as the style naturally also depends on the season. Stylish jeans, tops, belts and dresses for summer differ from stylish coats, scarves, boots and jumpers for winter.
With so many variations and possible combinations, it can sometimes be hard to keep track. What is stylish and in fashion and what do I feel comfortable in and am I still me? To help you with these questions, we have put together a guide with tips and tricks that will make it easier for you to find what you are looking for.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women's Clothing: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying women's clothing
- 4 Women's clothing: The most important questions answered
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Women's Clothing: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying women's clothing
In order to make the whole topic of women's clothing clearer and more compact, we have compiled a small list of criteria that we consider important to support you in your decision as much as possible.
These are the following buying criteria:
In the following section, we will go into a little more detail about the criteria and help you find exactly the right one for you.
Whether for the office, a business trip, leisure activities, restaurant visits, after-work drinks with colleagues or whatever else is on the agenda, the modern woman wants to appear stylish and confident. But even at home, with friends or family, she probably wants to be more comfortable, but comfortable and stylish don't have to be mutually exclusive.
As the old saying goes: clothes make the man. Whether smart-casual, business or leisure for all scenarios there are enough options to find the right clothing for women. Different colours, styles and materials offer countless combination possibilities to find your style.
Sports require different functional conditions than business dinners or movie nights at home. Different materials provide different levels of comfort and thus a different feeling while wearing them. Ideally, women's clothing should always be comfortable and offer a pleasant level of comfort.
Sportswear, for example, should be pleasant on the skin, breathable and sweat-repellent. At the same time, however, robust, stretchy and tear-resistant. Outdoor clothing should have the same functions, but with the addition of warmth. The storage of body heat and the simultaneous repulsion of sweat and moisture should be given here.
Clothing for the home should be pleasant on the skin, comfortable to wear and easy to care for. For business appointments or other professional events, the material should be of high quality and comfortable to wear, but at the same time convey quality. Depending on the use, you should always make sure that your women's clothing meets your standards.
Depending on the season, the appropriate women's clothing must either be light and comfortable to wear, but at the same time repel perspiration, or be windproof, heat-retaining and waterproof.
- Springtime: Comfortable sneakers, ankle-grazing shorts, thin tops and light jackets for spring.
- Summer time: Light shoes, comfortable shorts, sweat-wicking tops, matching accessories for summer
- Autumn time: Weatherproof shoes, windproof trousers, comfortable, warm tops, windproof, warm transition jackets for autumn
- Winter time: Warm, waterproof shoes, heat-retaining trousers, warm tops, weatherproof, warm jumpers, thick, weatherproof jackets, hats, gloves for winter
Before buying a garment, make sure that not only the colour and style but also the quality of the material and the weather conditions meet your standards.
With so many possible uses, it is only natural that women's clothing is made from a wide variety of materials. There are variants that consist of fabric blends to cover a wide range of functionality, but there are also garments that consist 100% of a single fabric.
The most commonly used materials are cotton, polyester, linen, spandex and leather. These different materials offer different uses and have their advantages and disadvantages. Cotton offers a pleasant feeling on the skin but is particularly absorbent, so it is not ideal for sweat. Spandex gives an extra stretch property ideal for sportswear, but it is not breathable. Leather has an elegant look and can be ideally combined with leather bags and other accessories, but is neither air- nor water-permeable.
For this reason, most women's clothing is made from a mixture of the above fabrics to ensure the best quality and to combine the advantages of all materials as much as possible.
As already mentioned, most women's clothing is made with a mixture of fabrics. The composition of this mixture, or in other words how much of which material is used and how it is processed, has a decisive influence on the style of the garment.
When choosing the style of women's clothing, it is important that you know what you can combine with what. Different fabrics, different colours, different cuts. There are a huge number of possibilities to find your perfect style. Of course, there are rules and suggestions from fashion connoisseurs and experts, but in the end, the most important thing is that you like it and feel comfortable.
Women's clothing: The most important questions answered
With so many different fabrics, colours, styles and possible combinations, it's easy to lose track. To help you make the best possible purchase decision, we have compiled a short list of the most important questions and answers.
What types of women's clothing are there?
There are many different types, styles and colours of women's clothing. In order not to lose track of everything, we have put together a compact summary for you:
- Shirts for women: In summer, it is probably more important to have stylish, comfortable and sweat-repellent shirts than in winter, as the cold season is more about warmth than looks. Different cuts make it possible to adopt a certain style despite a small quantity of garments. Whether skin-tight, wide, strapless, with or without a neckline, summery colours or black and white, there are a multitude of options.
- Jackets and jumpers for women: In summer showers or spring showers, thin, water-repellent jackets are all that is needed to protect the absorbent fabric under the jacket from getting soaked. At the same time, ladies' jackets should also be windproof, as it can get very windy during thunderstorms, but they should also not be too thick, as otherwise it will get too warm under the jacket. In autumn and winter, things look different again. In addition to windproofness and water protection, heat retention should also play a big role in your purchase decision.
- Trousers for women: Just as with shirts, it makes a considerable difference what time of year it is for trousers. Hot pants and short skirts are excellent for leisure activities, but less so for the office and business, for which knee-length skirts or jeans (not torn) should be used. Jeans also come in different styles with lighter, thinner materials that are more suitable for summer than other styles.
- Shoes for women: In addition to the weather, the occasion is especially important when it comes to shoes. Apart from wearing comfort, suitability for warm days, rainy days and cold days, there is also the question of heels or not. In the business world, light heels are still popular; at least a certain shape should be maintained. In leisure time, it's all about comfort, colour and combinability with other garments. In the colder months, shoes should of course be waterproof and retain heat.
When it comes to the type of clothing for women, it is not only the style and colour that are important, but also the functionality. This plays a bigger role in the colder months than in the warmer ones, when it's mainly about comfort and a pleasant feeling.
Which women's clothing suits which occasion?
One of the big questions in today's world is not only what to wear but also which garment goes with which occasion. Here, as in all areas of fashion, there are absolute no-go's but also grey areas that are sometimes difficult to define.
- Serious business women's clothing: From business dresses to trouser suits, there are all kinds of options. In general, women's clothing should not be too brightly coloured, have unprofessional patterns or motifs and should not be too short or revealing.
- Ladies' clothing for leisure activities: There are no limits to your imagination here. Bright colours, patterns and motifs - whatever you like, you can wear. The only rule with women's clothing for leisure is that you feel comfortable.
- Women's clothing for sports: Of course, what kind of sport you do is an important point of distinction here. Basically, your clothes should fit well, be stretchable, sweat-resistant, and either anti-breathable or heat-retaining if necessary.
How do I care for and clean women's clothing properly?
The right care for your women's clothing depends on the material mix and the workmanship. Before buying or using, you should definitely make sure that you know how to properly wash and dry the women's garment. Some materials are machine washable between 30 and 95 degrees, others are not machine washable at all. To avoid accidents, read all the relevant information beforehand.
The right women's clothing means something different for every season, every weather condition and every purpose. The many different styles, colours and materials offer you the opportunity to find your perfect look that suits you perfectly.
All kinds of looks can be created and allow you to try something new and reinvent yourself. Whether leather, polyester or cotton, business look, smart-casual or just cosy, you have all the possibilities to show the world: That's me.
Sources: Unsplash & 123rf