[The range of cycling shoes for women is enormous. There are many different varieties of cycling shoes for women. Nowadays, however, cycling shoes for women are also very stylish. You can get them in every colour imaginable. In addition, they also have different functions to make cycling as easy as possible for you.
Because for every cycling sport there is a shoe that supports you. Whether you are a hobby cyclist, mountain biker or road cyclist, the right shoe will help you reach your destination more easily. Cycling shoes for women with the right function support you and make cycling easier.
The Best Women’s Cycling Shoes: Our Picks
Cycling shoes for women: The most important questions answered
In the following section, we answer the most important questions you might have about cycling shoes for women. We not only give you relevant information on the topic of care and cleaning, but also tell you more about the types of cycling shoes for women.
What are the different types of cycling shoes for women?
There are two types of cycling shoes for women:
- Women’s cycling shoes with click system: With this variant, the pedal can be attached to the sole. The system ensures that power is transferred to the pedal as the foot moves up and down, allowing for energy-efficient riding.
- Women’s platform pedal cycling shoes: Platform pedal shoes have a hard, grippy rubber sole that adheres well to the pedals. In this way, they ensure stability and safety of the feet.
Depending on the type of sport, such as spinning or mountain biking, a certain type is more advantageous. The women’s cycling shoe with a platform pedal is more suitable for BMX riders or freeriders, for example.
How do I clean and care for my women’s cycling shoes?
Are your women’s cycling shoes full of mud from your last adventure? Then it is best to remove the insoles and soak your cycling shoes in water with a mild detergent. Then you can brush the shoe off with a soft brush.
You can also care for your women’s cycling shoes with various sprays. These are usually recommended when you buy them. This may also include a waterproofing spray.
Which functions are important for women’s cycling shoes?
- Road cycling shoes for women: In order to cover a long distance as efficiently as possible, road cycling shoes have a firm sole, but must be very light. In addition, it is important that this shoe has a venting function. Most of these cycling shoes for women are equipped with a BOA closure system.
- MTB shoes for women: If you like to ride off-road or with mountain bikes, then you need a shoe with which you can also easily jump off the bike. The sole should therefore have a good grip and the toe of the shoes should be firm. It is also important that the shoes can withstand moisture and dirt. Most of the time, these types of shoes are equipped with a Velcro fastener.
- Trekking shoe for women: Do you like cycling in your free time? Then trekking shoes, with a soft flexible shoe sole, and laces are right for you. Many of them also have a click function, which makes riding easier.
- Spinning shoes for women: For this sport, too, it is important to wear the right cycling shoes for women. MTB shoes or trekking shoes are recommended. Road bike shoes are not recommended here, as the click system is often not compatible with the wheels. However, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable in the cycling shoes for women. Additional insoles can provide stability and comfort.
As you can see, there are a few things to consider when buying cycling shoes for women. For every type of cycling, there are some features that can make riding easier for you. Above all, the sole and the click system play a significant role.
However, once you have found the right shoe, all you have to do is get on your bike, get out into nature and do something good for your body. You should also care for your shoes regularly and always remove dirt from them. That way, you can enjoy your women’s cycling shoes for a long time.
image: pasja1000 / Pixabay