Denim dresses have always been trendy, even dating back to the early 80s. Due to their timeless style, they are still stylish today and should therefore no longer be missing from any woman's wardrobe. They can be combined with a wide variety of garments to create the perfect look.
So if you don't own a denim dress, you should definitely not miss this trend and urgently add a denim dress to your wardrobe. They come in different fits and lengths, and some models can also have certain stylish details. The variety of denim dresses means they can be worn for any occasion and any season.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women´s Denim Dress in the United Kingdom: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying women's denim dresses
- 4 Denim dresses for women: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for women's denim dresses: How to achieve the perfect look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Women´s Denim Dress in the United Kingdom: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying women's denim dresses
There are many different denim dresses on the market, which differ from each other in certain criteria. These criteria can help you choose the right denim dress:
The individual buying criteria are now described and explained to you in more detail below.
Like normal dresses, denim dresses for women are available in different fits. This means that you can find a jeans dress to suit every figure. A general distinction is made between the following fits:
- A-line: The name A-line comes from the similarity of the cut to the letter "A". So while the denim dress is cut a little narrower at the top, it gets wider towards the bottom. This way it fits nicely on the upper body and increases in width up to the hem of the skirt.
- Skinny fit: Skinny fit jeans dresses fit snugly around the body. Their tight cut makes them very figure-hugging. This fit is often also available with a stretch component, so that the fabric of the jeans dress can also be stretched a little.
- Loose fit: These styles have a wide cut and sit loosely on the body. They offer a lot of room to move and are therefore very comfortable and versatile to wear.
So you can find different denim dresses for women, whereby you should not necessarily choose the fit of your denim dress based on your figure, but on your taste.
There are different lengths of jeans dresses for women, both of the dress itself and of the sleeves.
In principle, denim dresses can be distinguished by their cut length. There are denim dresses that are short, knee-length, calf-length or long. Depending on the occasion or the weather, you can wear jeans dresses of different lengths.
In terms of sleeves, there are long-sleeved or short-sleeved denim dresses as well as versions that have no sleeves or are even off-the-shoulder.
The sizes of denim dresses usually range from 32 to 48, although smaller or even larger sizes are often available for certain models.
Although women's jeans dresses can be very visually appealing in themselves, there are models that go the extra mile with certain details.
In addition to denim dresses with various prints, such as flowers or patterns, there are also models with flounces or ruffles. So, depending on the occasion, you can also accentuate your style with certain details.
Furthermore, women's jeans dresses can also be bought with different closures. For example, jeans dresses are available with zippers, buttons or tie-ups.
In general, however, you should make sure that your denim dress does not have too many details. The simpler your denim dress is, the more versatile you can wear and use it.
Women's denim dresses can be made of different materials. In addition to women's denim dresses that are 100% made of one fabric, there are also many that are made of a mixture of different fabrics.
Women's jeans dresses are often made of cotton, polyester or lyocell. In addition, many denim dresses also contain a small amount of elastane. This material ensures that the denim dresses can stretch a little and thus provide an additional stretch.
The material your denim dress should ultimately be made of depends on how good the different materials feel against your skin. For some people, certain materials are rather uncomfortable.
Denim dresses for women: The most important questions answered
In the following, we would like to answer the most important questions about denim dresses for women to help you with your purchase decision.
In which styles are denim dresses for women available?
- Denim dresses for leisure: Denim dresses are perfect for leisure. Whether they are wide and loose or tight and figure-hugging cuts, as long as the denim dress fits and pleases you, you can combine any fit with different garments.
- Denim dresses for everyday office wear: You can also wear a denim dress to the office if you have a less strict dress code at your workplace. The rule here is: the darker the denim dress, the more serious it looks. You should also make sure that your denim dress has no flashy details and is at least knee-length.
- Denim dresses for summer: Short-sleeved or even off-the-shoulder denim dresses are particularly suitable for summer. There are also denim dresses with spaghetti straps that still make you look stylish and trendy on hot days. In addition, models that are cut short or knee-length are also nice and airy for summer.
- Denim dresses for colder days: Just like for summer, there are also denim dresses for women that can keep you nice and warm on cold winter days. For this, there are denim dresses that are long-sleeved and long-cut. Short-sleeved or short-cut denim dresses can also be easily combined with tights and jackets.
Ladies' jeans dresses can therefore be worn for every occasion. Which style suits you best depends on the occasion for which you want to wear a denim dress.
How do I care for and clean my women's denim dress?
Before you put your denim dress in the washing machine, however, you should turn it inside out. This will prevent the colour of your denim dress from fading quickly.
Often it is enough to wash a denim dress with a normal wash cycle in 30 to 40 degrees. Cleaning and caring for a denim dress is therefore easy and does not require any special care.
Which jeans dress for women suits me best?
For a slightly curvier figure, a jeans dress with a loose fit is particularly suitable. These dresses are cut wide and are therefore very beneficial for your curves. Darker denim dresses make you look slimmer.
If you are a little slimmer and have narrow hips, a denim dress with a skinny fit is a good choice. The tight cut is very figure-hugging and shows off your athletic body.
Women with short legs can't go wrong with an A-line denim dress. It hugs the body nicely at the top and gets wider towards the bottom. A cleverly placed belt then makes your short legs look longer.
Styling tips for women's denim dresses: How to achieve the perfect look
Women's denim dresses can be combined with all kinds of garments. To help you with your look, we have a few tips for you below.
- Shoes: Depending on the season, different shoes can be combined with a denim dress. The shoe can set off your denim dress in different ways. White sneakers can make your look particularly stylish and sporty in summer. In autumn, on the other hand, boots are the shoe that is particularly trendy and goes well with a women's denim dress.
- Leggings: A denim dress combined with leggings not only keeps you warm on cold days, but also makes your look cool. This combination is especially good for autumn. The yellowish and orange colours of the falling leaves makes your combined look stand out.
- Belt: A belt not only helps you hide curves or short legs, but also looks extremely chic. Colour-coordinated with your denim dress, a belt should not be missing from your look.
- Jacket: Jackets can also be combined well with denim dresses. While leather jackets can make your look cool, cardigans can make a cosy stylish impression.
Women's denim dresses can therefore be combined in many different ways with different items of clothing.
The trend of the women's jeans dress is not a trend of the present. Because the timeless classic was not only already very popular in the 80s and 90s, but is today and will always remain a stylish piece of clothing. Due to the existing variety, there are women's jeans dresses for every occasion and every season.
The different fits, lengths and sizes ensure that every woman can find the perfect denim dress to suit her taste. So no wardrobe should be without such a garment.
Sources: unsplash & 123rf