The denim jacket for women is the must-have in your wardrobe! Whether casual or elegant, the denim jacket for women can be combined with any look. Because there is not only the classic denim jacket, but also elegant versions with rhinestones or fancy cuts.
With our buying guide for the denim jacket for women, we want to help you find the perfect denim jacket for you! We have summarised all the important information for you, answered the most important questions on the subject and finally given you a few styling tips. This should help you with your purchase decision.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Womens Denim Jacket: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying denim jackets for women
- 4 Women's denim jackets : The most important questions answered
- 5 What styles of denim jackets are available for women?
- 6 Styling tips for denim jackets for women : How to achieve the perfect denim jacket look
- 7 Conclusion
The Best Womens Denim Jacket: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying denim jackets for women
If you are unsure about what to look for when buying a women's denim jacket, we have put together criteria to help you make your decision.
These are the following buying criteria:
In the following section, you will learn what is important in the individual aspects.
The basic material of a proper denim jacket should be denim, a particularly tear-resistant and durable cotton fabric. The threads are woven very tightly in a special way so that the typical, firm structure is created. However, this fabric is very often replaced.
So if you want a denim jacket made of a "real" denim fabric, pay special attention to the cotton content of the denim jacket.
You have a wide choice of cuts for your denim jacket, as there are all kinds of denim jackets for women. Here are the most popular cuts:
- Classic denim jacket
The oversized denim jacket is particularly popular because of its casualness, plus it is very comfortable and easy to combine. If you are looking for more styling tips, feel free to read on below under "Styling tips for denim jackets".
Size is an important criterion, as the denim jacket should also fit you properly! It is important here that the shoulder width and sleeve length harmonise with the back length. The shoulder width is decisive for a good fit of the jacket for ladies. Here you have to find a good balance, because if it tightens at the chest when the denim jacket is closed, it is definitely too tight!
As a rule of thumb, the shoulder seam should sit up to a maximum of 3 cm at the shoulders when you try it on. When it comes to sleeve length, many ladies will have problems finding the right jacket. Here's a tip: If the sleeves are a little too long, you can simply fold the ends over. This way you can achieve the desired length and a casual look.
Women's denim jackets : The most important questions answered
In this section we answer the most important questions about denim jackets for women, what styles are available, how they should fit or how to achieve the perfect look.
What styles of denim jackets are available for women?
A denim jacket is not just a denim jacket, because there are not only different cuts, a wide range of colours, but also different washes and many other details such as tailing, lining or applications. By and large, the denim jacket for women comes in the following styles:
- Classic denim jacket: The classic denim jacket for women is a timeless garment that you can wear next year or the year after. The denim jacket is an ideal jacket for a casual activity and can be combined very easily. Because of the denim fabric, the denim jacket is suitable for cold days and also for the warmer months of the year.
- Oversized denimjacket: Oversized denim jackets are particularly casual because they are especially wide and sometimes long, which look like they were stolen from your friend's wardrobe. Especially in the 80s, women celebrated this denim jacket trend. You can find vintage oversized denim jackets at flea markets, thrift shops or simply buy them in a fashion shop.
- Waisteddenim jacket: In contrast to the casual oversized denim jacket, the waisted denim jacket is in competition. Thanks to the additional belt, your parts are accentuated, giving you a beautiful hourglass figure.
- Denim jackets with details: Besides the classic denim jackets, which only wear washes and are relatively plain, there are numerous variation possibilities to really style up your denim jacket. You can turn your simplest denim jacket into an absolute statement piece by spicing it up with applications such as rivets or cool patches. You can often find denim jackets with a cool slogan, fancy patterns or prints in fashion shops.
By the way, as a contrast to the oversize trend, there are now cropped denim jackets. You can combine them very well with high-waist trousers, so that the hem of the jackets ends with the waistband of the trousers. The short cut of the denim jacket for women gives you visually longer legs.
How can I tell if my denim jacket for women fits well?
On a curvy figure, straight cut denim jackets in a box shape look best, as they visually stretch the body and ensure balanced proportions. If you have a particularly narrow waist, you can also accentuate it beautifully with a thin belt or choose an already fitted denim jacket for women.
For smaller women, make sure that the jacket is cut a little shorter, like a cropped denim jacket. The reason for this is that a short cut jacket visually proportions the body and stretches the figure. In contrast, taller women can opt for longer denim jackets that go above the hips.
How do I clean my denim jacket for women?
- For heavy stains: For heavy stains, consider using the washing machine. To minimise colour loss, wash your denim jacket inside out and use less detergent. Run your denim jacket on the gentle cycle with cold water and then hang the denim jacket up. It is important that you pull the jacket into the right shape!
- For a lightly soiled denim jacket: As a gentler wash option, you can also hand wash your denim jacket. Allow the detergent to dissolve in the water and soak inside out for 45 minutes. Afterwards, you should rinse the denim jacket with cold water and squeeze out the excess water.
As you can see, cleaning a denim jacket is not that difficult! But don't wash your denim jacket too often to maintain the quality. Once every 6 months should be enough.
Styling tips for denim jackets for women : How to achieve the perfect denim jacket look
Denim jackets are essential for every woman and transform any outfit. No matter what look you prefer or what occasion you want to go out for, a denim jacket can easily be paired with anything. Below we have put together some styling tips for you.
- Denim jacket for a casual look: The denim jacket for women can easily be worn super casual. A super cool combination would be a light blue denim jacket, a plain white shirt and skinny jeans. Together with accessories, you can add your own personal touch to this look. If you like it comfortable, you can combine white sneakers or flat boots with the denim jacket, but if you want to go out, pointed pumps would also be a wonderful option.
- Denim jacket as an all-over look: The all-over jeans look is also super trendy. This means that you combine at least two pieces from one denim fabric. For example, you can combine your denim jacket for women with slim jeans or a denim skirt. However, make sure that the different denim colours harmonise well with each other in the denim all-over look. We also recommend that you keep the rest of the outfit rather discreet, as the denim all-over look is already enough of an eye-catcher.
- Denim jacket with a feminine look: You are also welcome to combine your denim jacket for women with a chic dress! This style break of a robust denim jacket and a cute dress turns out to be a real styling highlight. To accentuate the rugged style, you can combine it with black boots or, if you prefer a feminine look, white sneakers.
There really are no limits when it comes to styling denim jackets for women. Feel free to go wild, be creative and don't be shy! At the end of the day, all that matters is that you feel comfortable in your new denim jacket.
A woman's denim jacket is an absolute all-rounder and should definitely not be missing from her wardrobe! Whether elegant, casual or extravagant. Thanks to the numerous variations, the denim jacket can be worn for any occasion.
The special thing about denim jackets is the infinite number of possible combinations. You can wear the denim jacket for women with both casual and chic looks. The denim jeans jacket goes with every colour, every pattern and also with eye-catching prints on tops. The denim jacket really does go with every look!
Contributed image: unsplash.com / annygray