With earrings, studs and the like, you can look your best for any occasion. Whether small stud earrings for everyday wear, pearl earrings for a business meeting and large creoles for celebrating, they give you an extravagant touch.
In our online shop you will find a large selection of earrings, ear studs, ear pendants and ear cuffs. But which type and which design suits you? Below you will find an overview of the most important buying criteria as well as questions and answers on the topic of women's ear jewellery.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Womens Earrings: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying women's ear jewellery
- 3.1 Size
- 3.2 Material
- 3.3 Shape
- 3.4 Closure type
- 3.5 Occasion
- 3.6 What are the different types of women's ear jewellery?
- 3.7 Which material is suitable for ladies' ear jewellery for allergy sufferers?
- 3.8 How can I recognise high-quality ladies' ear jewellery?
- 3.9 How do I combine ladies' ear jewellery correctly?
- 3.10 How do I clean my ear jewellery for ladies?
- 4 Conclusion
The Best Womens Earrings: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying women's ear jewellery
Below you will find the most important buying criteria that you should consider when choosing your ear jewellery. These are the following buying criteria:
- Closure type
Here, the criteria may be weighted differently for everyone. Pay attention to your own needs and experiences.
First of all, the size of the entire ear jewellery, i.e. diameter and length, plays a major role. The size and also the material determine the weight. The larger the ear jewellery, the heavier it is.
You can choose between different sizes, e.g. stud earrings with small or large stones, earrings that go around the earlobe or up to the shoulder, and earrings that are short or long. One exception is the tunnels/plugs. Here you can only choose the diameter according to the stretching of your ear holes.
With the material you can distinguish between noble and high-quality, suitable for everyday use and cheaper, natural and allergy-friendly. There is a wide range of materials to choose from. The price but also your taste have a big influence on your choice.
For example, ear jewellery is available in nickel-free stainless steel, titanium, wood, gold, silver, rose gold, surgical steel, ceramic, metal and gold-plated stainless steel. The ornaments can be made of glass, amber, diamonds, plastic, pearls, various gemstones or Swarovski.
You can choose between different shapes:
- Drops: Stud earrings with teardrop or dewdrop elements.
- Studs: Ear studs that sit directly on the earlobe. They can be square, spherical or heart-shaped and set in a motif.
- Chandeliers: Earrings in different sizes with very decorative and richly set elements.
- Hoops and Huggies: Hoops are classic creoles in various sizes. Huggies are small, wide hoops.
- Clusters: The decorative elements are arranged in clusters, mostly grape-shaped.
Once you have decided on a shape, the search will be easier.
You can choose between different types of closures:
- Ladies' clasp: The earrings are hooked into the ear hole and folded into the brisur at the back. The Russian ladies' clasp is a variation where the plug is pushed into a fine channel.
- Hinge closure: The earring has a hinge. When closing it, you hear the characteristic click.
- Omegaveschluss / clips: The plug is closed with a clip which is located on the earring. However, there are also clips that work without an ear hole.
- Magnet: The earrings are magnetic, so no ear hole is needed.
- Plug: The classic ear stud where the plug is pushed onto the stud.
- Hook: The classic earring where the ear jewellery is only hooked in.
The clasp types also differ according to the type of ear jewellery.
The occasion is a decisive purchase criterion. It decides what effect you want to achieve with the earring. You can make a simple impression for everyday wear with small earrings and stud earrings. A serious impression for the business meeting with pearl earrings and a glamorous and extravagant impression for a cocktail party you get with noble earrings in gold.
The larger and more eye-catching the ear jewellery, the more attention it will attract. The more classic and classy the ear jewellery is, the more serious and glamorous it will make you appear. [faq]
Ear jewellery for ladies: The most important questions answered
In this chapter you will find an overview of the most important questions and answers on the subject of ear jewellery for women. Here you will learn everything about the different types of ear jewellery, which ones go best with your outfit and how they should be cared for.
What are the different types of women's ear jewellery?
There are 5 main types of ear jewellery, which we show you below:
- Earrings: They usually consist of a closed ring. The best-known type of earring is the creole, which comes in different sizes. The clasp usually consists of hinged closures or the ends are pushed into each other.
- Studearrings: The stud earring gets its name from the thin pin - which is pushed through the ear hole - and the plug, which serves as a clasp. The front is decorated with pearls, gemstones and the like.
- Ear pendants: With ear pendants, the ear jewellery is hooked into the earlobes and hangs down from them. The clasp usually consists of a hook.
- Ear clasps/ cuffs: Ear clasps, ear cuffs or ear cuffs are attached to the pinna of the ear. No ear hole is needed for this, as they are only slipped over the ear.
- Tunnels/ Plugs: Tunnels or plugs are ear jewellery that are pushed completely into an ear hole. They have to be stretched to a certain width beforehand and are held in place by tension in the earlobe.
The earrings differ significantly in the way they are fastened. The design and size can also differ greatly within the ear jewellery type.
Which material is suitable for ladies' ear jewellery for allergy sufferers?
Most allergic reactions to ear jewellery are caused by nickel, which can be found in silver ear jewellery. The allergy does not refer to the silver, but to the metals that are added to the silver. Ear jewellery made of nickel-free stainless steel, titanium, gold, surgical steel and wood is suitable for allergy sufferers.
How can I recognise high-quality ladies' ear jewellery?
The highest quality ear jewellery is made of silver and gold. Real gold or real silver always has a mark engraved on the jewellery that indicates its authenticity and degree of purity. In the case of silver 925, the jewellery consists of 92.5 % pure silver. Gold jewellery has a fineness between 333 and 750. If the jewellery is about half gold, it has a fineness of 585. For diamond ear jewellery, you should pay attention to the certificate and the 4 C's (carat, cut, colour and purity).
How do I combine ladies' ear jewellery correctly?
There are a few tricks you can follow when combining ear jewellery. If the ear jewellery is worn without other jewellery, it can be neither too plain nor too flashy. When combining with necklaces, create contrasts. Means: If you have large ear jewellery, use plain and small chains and vice versa. When mixing materials, it is best to combine matt with matt and shiny with shiny.
How do I clean my ear jewellery for ladies?
For silver and gold jewellery, there are special dipping baths in larger supermarkets in which you can put your ear jewellery. As a DIY, you can put your jewellery in warm water with dishwashing liquid and wash off the dirt afterwards with a cotton cloth or a soft brush. Clean your ear jewellery regularly. Once to every few weeks if you wear them regularly as grease, sebum and dirt build up. [/faq]
There is a wide range of ear jewellery, varying in type, size, shape and material. In our online shop you will find a wide selection of stud earrings, earrings and ear pendants with different elements. Make sure that the chosen ear jewellery matches the occasion and the jewellery to be combined.
Be brave in the combination and try out different variations. Matching with the outfit, your new ear jewellery will achieve the desired effect. Remember that high-quality ear jewellery will accompany you for a lifetime or can serve as a perfect gift.
Sources: unsplash & 123rf