Sleeveless you are free and sporty, but also always timelessly elegant and stylish with a women's gilet. Whether you're doing sports, going out or going to work, there's a suitable ladies' gilet for every occasion, made of the right material, with a high-quality finish and an appealing colourful design.
In this buying guide, we will show you the most important tips and tricks to help you find the ladies' gilet of your dreams. This will help you find the right style and dress code that will make you always look and feel wonderful in your ladies' gilet.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The best Womens Gilet: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying ladies gilets
- 4 Gilets for women: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for gilets for women: How to achieve the perfect gilet look
- 6 Conclusion
The best Womens Gilet: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying ladies gilets
The selection of different women's gilets is huge. So that you are not overwhelmed, we have collected the most important information on this topic for you.
These are the following buying criteria:
- Material and workmanship
In the next sections, all four buying criteria are presented and explained to you in detail. This should enable you to quickly find the gilet of your choice.
There are different manufacturing materials for your women's gilet, each with different advantages.
- Synthetic fibres (polyamide, polyacrylic): If you choose a ladies' gilet made of synthetic fibres, you will have an absolutely tear-resistant and extremely easy-care garment. In addition, waistcoats made of these fabrics wick sweat away from the body and do not develop unpleasant odours.
- Fleece fibres: Garments made of this synthetic fur are very soft and comfortable to wear. Despite the soft structure, women's gilets made of this fabric are very weatherproof and protect you from wind and weather.
- Down: With women's gilets filled with down, you benefit from a very low own weight of the garment, which nevertheless stores your own body heat very efficiently. You can also fold and transport these garments very compactly.
- Wool: This natural product protects you from the cold by storing heat and consistently absorbs liquid such as sweat without smelling unpleasant. In addition, a gilet made of wool is very robust and to a certain extent also self-cleaning.
In the meantime, you will find innovations and blends of different materials, especially in synthetic fibres, which combine different advantages for your ladies' gilet.
The quality of a ladies' gilet can be determined by the composition of the material. Other important indicators are the seams, the labels, the buttons and the zips.
- Material composition: Natural fabrics increase the wearing comfort of your women's gilet because they are more skin-friendly and breathable than synthetics. The more synthetic materials are contained in the gilet, the lower its quality and the more unpleasant it smells.
- Seams: Another indication of high quality are clean seams on your women's gilets. When you pull the garment apart, the seam should not stand out. No seam should be too close and must have a decent stitch length, otherwise the gilet could tear quickly.
- Labels: Labels should be inconspicuous so that you can easily cut or remove them from your women's gilets. Do not buy garments where removing the label will leave damage to the garment or reduce comfort due to biting areas.
- Buttons/zips: Lastly, you should also check the buttons and their holes as well as the zip on your ladies gilet. Opening and closing must work smoothly and nothing should get caught or snagged.
Classic quality features such as brand and price can be misleading. Only trust branded products that you already know.
Pay attention to the shape of your women's gilet so that it fits perfectly the way you want it to.
If the women's gilet is primarily to protect you against the cold, it must lie close to the body so that it can insulate its own warmth. The armholes of your women's gilet should also be as close to the body as possible so that no heat can escape in the shoulder area.
Other models, on the other hand, are less body-hugging to wear and tend to hide certain problem areas. With these models, you cannot put anything on over the gilet because of the loose cut, otherwise it will wrinkle.
Depending on how you want to use your women's gilet, different colours are possible. If you want to go out with the ladies' gilet, more extravagant patterns and colours are a good idea. Elaborate prints on the gilet with roses or leaves and decorative buttons give your outfit that certain something and are the eye-catcher for every soirée.
Plain coloured ladies' gilets are suitable for drawing attention to other items of clothing. These simple women's gilets are also perfect for outdoor activities where clothes can get dirty without being noticed.
Gilets for women: The most important questions answered
We present to you here the very most important answers to the questions you have been anxiously asking us about your ladies gilet.
In which styles are ladies gilets available?
- Down gilets: This women's gilet accentuates your sporty figure with its close-fitting fabric and is also wonderfully warm. Especially for jogging or going for a walk, this casual version is the perfect choice for you.
- Quilted gilets: This gilet is a little more elegant and business-like. With its small stand-up collar, it exudes the professionalism you need for the office or company events.
- Long gilet: As the name suggests, this ladies' gilet is elongated and a mixture of a coat and a blazer. Especially if you have problem zones around your bottom and hips, this garment will conceal them and make you look slimmer and taller.
- Knitted gilet: Women's gilets knitted from wool or yarn are cosy and warm and are ideal for relaxed evenings for two.
- Functional gilet: A gilet made from the best virgin wool is perfect for you if you want to be sporty. Worn as a bottom layer of clothing, the functional gilet protects your body from the cold as well as from excessive sweating.
Think carefully beforehand about the exact activities for which you want to use your ladies' gilet. This will make it easier for you to choose later.
How can I tell if my ladies' gilet fits well?
Especially in the business world, a woman can stand out with a gilet worn loosely and casually. The effect of a ladies' gilet is similar to the elegance of a suit, but gives it a certain androgynous casual look.
In everyday life, the gilet accentuates your shapely bust and waist and adds a subtle and sexy touch to your look. If you are very thin or rather corpulent, you should wear the gilet loosely because it will either make you look very masculine or very broad.
How do I care for and clean my ladies gilets?
- By washing machine: If your gilet is suitable for the washing machine, you should use a special detergent for the gilet fabric and wash it gently at a maximum of 30 degrees. Depending on the fabric, the gilet can be put in the dryer and should definitely be impregnated afterwards.
- By hand: Soak your ladies' gilet in a tub of lukewarm water with the appropriate detergent. Be sure to close the fastenings of the jacket. Then soak the gilet in the water and wash out any stains. After about an hour, the washing process is finished and you can rinse the garment with cold water and leave it to drip dry.
Every ladies' gilet should have a care label embroidered on it, from which you can take the most important information regarding care.
What are the dress codes for ladies' gilets?
- Easy look: A ladies' gilet is sporty and loose, especially if it has a hood sewn on so that you can use the garment both in the rain and in the sun. With a reversible gilet, you can even adjust the colour with a twist, depending on your own taste.
- Business look: More fancy and fashionably extravagant, on the other hand, are hoods with fur, making your gilet look more luxurious. A stand-up collar also contributes to your serious business look and can be complemented with eye-catching zips, press studs or crochet patterns as well as fringes.
Of course, some of these dress codes may overlap and you can combine them to create a completely new look.
Styling tips for gilets for women: How to achieve the perfect gilet look
Gilets are a simple classic in the fashion industry, but how do you style yourself correctly as a fashionable woman for the perfect gilet look?
Trendy are faux furs, which are mainly attached to the hoods and are super fluffy, but at the same time look very natural and elegant.
Also eye-catching are special collars on the gilet that neatly highlight your neck and are excellent for everyday office wear, as they look both comfortable and very classy.
Combinations of women's gilets with different styles are also eye-catching. For example, you can wear an elongated gilet with teasing culottes to represent your own personal style.
Do you want to be able to move your arms freely, but still not freeze during your outdoor activities in the colder months? Or not have your dress or jumper covered by a bulky jacket? Then a women's gilet would be just the thing for you.
With the right proportion of natural production materials, the right cut and a harmonious colour, you have a high-quality women's gilet that you can wear casually during sports or outdoor activities as well as business-like at your meetings in the office.
Image source: Max Poschau/unsplash.com