Ladies' glasses manage to combine functionality and fashion. No matter whether you wear your glasses because of a visual impairment or are looking for a special accessory, the right ladies' glasses can do both. Women's glasses turn your everyday look into a real eye-catcher!
Whether you are looking for round, square or oval glasses, the large selection has the right model for every woman. The perfect pair of ladies' glasses can be found for every type and every style! Nowadays, it is impossible to imagine a stylish fashion accessory without women's glasses.
Once you have found your perfect pair of women's glasses, you will wonder how you ever made it through everyday life without them.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The best womens Glasses: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying ladies' glasses
- 4 Ladies' glasses: The most important questions answered
- 5 Conclusion
The best womens Glasses: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying ladies' glasses
If you are looking for the right pair of ladies' glasses, you will be confronted with a very large selection. Whether round, square, oval, with narrow or thick rims, you will find models in all colours and shapes. However, before you decide on a model, there are a few points you should pay attention to. The following points will help you find the perfect pair of women's glasses
- Shape / Frame
In the following, you will learn more about the criteria mentioned and, in this context, what you should look for when buying your ladies' glasses.
Shape / frame
Ladies' glasses come in a wide variety of shapes. Basically, you can distinguish between the different models by looking at the frame. It is important for you that the frame fits the shape of your face. With regard to the width of your face, there is a clear rule of thumb that you should follow: The model you choose should fit the width of your face.
This means you should choose a pair of women's glasses that is as wide as your face. In terms of the right glasses frame, it is important that you pay attention to your face shape. If you have a rather angular face, it is best to opt for a round or oval shape to soften your features.
If you have a round face shape, it is advisable to choose a model that is more drawn out so that your face shape appears narrower. If you have a heart-shaped face, on the other hand, soft, curved frames fit very well to soften hard edges. And if you have an oval face, then the entire range of frames is available to you.
You have already decided on a frame but don't know which colour to choose? You should base this decision on your personal skin or colour type. There are generally four different colour types.
- The spring type is characterised by peach-coloured skin, freckles, blond hair and blue, green or grey eyes. As the name suggests, in this case you should choose spring colours such as natural browns, natural whites or lilacs.
- The summer type has ash blonde hair, brown or blue eyes and a light, pastel skin tone. If you fit this description, choose a model in cool, intense but not too flamboyant colours. Avoid the colour black at all costs.
- Theautumn type is characterised by a golden skin tone, freckles, dark hair and green or brown eyes. In this case, earthy colours are particularly suitable, but a gold or copper-coloured frame also fits perfectly.
- Thewinter type has olive-coloured, light skin, dark hair and brown or green eyes. If you have these characteristics, you should choose a frame in cool, clear colours such as black, white or blue.
No matter what type you are, there really is the right pair of women's glasses for every woman. The only important thing is that you match your glasses to your type.
Ladies' glasses are available under a wide variety of brand names. Which brand you choose depends largely on your personal taste and lifestyle. You should ask yourself what you value. Your decision will depend on many factors.
If impeccable workmanship, current trends and the image of a brand play an important role for you, then you are probably more likely to be in the luxury brand segment. If, however, you place more emphasis on functionality, such as suitability for sports and leisure activities or professional requirements, then luxury brands such as Calvin Klein or Hugo Boss are probably not right for you.
As you can see, the choice of brand depends very much on one's own interests. For many, the point of status symbol plays an important role, for others this point is not worth mentioning. The important thing is that you choose a model that suits you and your lifestyle.
In addition to size, colour and brand, the choice of the right material also plays a decisive role. With regard to this criterion, important factors are often neglected when buying ladies' glasses. Because even if the brand is in the foreground for you, the right material has a very strong influence on wearing comfort. Points that you should pay attention to in this context are:
- Skin compatibility
- Shatter resistance
- High quality
Not every material meets all these requirements. It is therefore very important to find out exactly about possible materials and their properties and to seek advice. You will see that it is worth the effort!
Ladies' glasses: The most important questions answered
With such a large selection, it is not always easy to decide on the right pair of ladies' glasses. We have answered all the relevant questions about ladies' glasses for you below.
What types of ladies' glasses are there?
- Full-rim spectacles: With full-rim spectacles, the lenses are completely enclosed. The advantage of this type of glasses is that thick and heavy lenses have a very good hold. Full-rim glasses are also stable and accentuate your face.
- Half-rim glasses: With half-rim glasses, the lenses are not completely enclosed. The advantage of this is that it makes the glasses look finer and lighter. In addition, half-rim glasses are suitable for almost every refractive error.
- Rimless glasses: Rimless glasses do not have a frame. With this type of glasses, the lenses are only attached to the temples of the glasses. The advantage here is the lightness and inconspicuousness. In addition, this type of spectacles emphasises the facial features.
It is up to you which type of glasses you choose. The only important thing is that you take your face shape into account and pay attention to your needs. In this way, you are guaranteed to find a suitable model.
When will my ladies' glasses be financed by the health insurance?
But when will my ladies' glasses be financed by the health insurance? We have summarised the most important criteria for you. Basically, the health insurance will pay for your ladies' glasses in three cases
- Short-sightedness and long-sightedness: with correction values of more than 6.00 dioptres
- Astigmatism: with a correction value of more than 4.00 dioptres
- Severe visual impairment: with glasses or contact lenses only a visual capacity of maximum 30 percent
If you need support from the health insurance fund, then you can use the above three cases as a guideline regarding cost coverage. Your individual case is not mentioned? Then it is best to enquire directly by telephone with the staff of the health insurance fund!
Why should I have my ladies' glasses antireflective coated?
- Danger on the roads: If your glasses do not have anti-reflective coating, you could have a problem driving, among other things. Why? Due to the reflection of light, the light of a car behind you would reflect in your eye. This would significantly obstruct your vision and pose a great danger to you on the road.
- Barrier during conversations: Another difficulty with non-reflective glasses is having conversations. Non-reflective lenses only provide your counterpart with reflections when looking into your eyes. For purely optical and cosmetic reasons, it is therefore advisable to choose glasses with anti-reflective coating. Your conversation partner sees you better and you look better!
The above-mentioned reasons therefore clearly speak in favour of anti-reflective coating of your spectacle lenses. Not only an improved appearance, but also increased safety on the roads can be offered by anti-reflective ladies' glasses. Your final decision should nevertheless be based on your needs and the area of use of your glasses.
Whether you are looking for glasses as a fashion accessory or purely as functional support in everyday life, the large selection really does have the right model for everyone. When making your choice, it is important to consider your needs and how you will subsequently use your chosen pair of women's glasses.
The perfect model in the right size, colour and with the right material is ready for you. When buying, you should use your face shape and skin type as a guide for purely optical reasons. In this way, you can easily find a model that best emphasises your assets. If you need additional financial support, it is advantageous to know the requirements of your health insurance. Your stylish eye-catcher and everyday supporter is waiting for you!