Gold jewellery is a timeless fashion accessory. Gold necklaces for ladies are very high-quality, luxurious and particularly classy pieces of jewellery that can underline your noble look. Hardly any piece of jewellery makes you shine like a necklace made of precious gold.
Gold necklaces for women are extremely varied and come in a wide range of versions. You can find out here in which variations and colours gold chains for women are available:
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women´s Gold Chain: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying gold chains for women
- 4 Gold chains for ladies: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for ladies gold chains: How to achieve the perfect look with a gold chain
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Women´s Gold Chain: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying gold chains for women
To help you find the right gold chain for you, we have put together the most important buying criteria that you should definitely consider when making your decision. These are the following buying criteria:
- Fine gold content
In the following, we present the individual criteria to you in more detail.
Fine gold content
How valuable necklaces, rings and other jewellery made of gold are depends on the percentage of fine gold, which is expressed in carats. If a piece of gold jewellery is made of pure gold (100% gold content), it is called 24 carat, but this is usually not the case.
Gold jewellery is usually made from a mixture of gold and another material such as silver or copper. This is partly because these materials are easier to work with and partly because the colour of the gold changes strikingly.
Another aspect is that gold jewellery is considered a stable investment, as gold is a limited commodity.
If gold is mixed with another metal, such as silver or copper, its colour changes and a so-called gold alloy is created. It is important to know which colours are available and which colour suits your skin type best. We would like to clarify this for you in the following list:
- If you mix gold in a 50/50 ratio with the metals silver and copper, you get the colour yellow gold. This colour suits you particularly well if you are tanned or have a rather darker complexion. However, this colour would also suit a skin type with a slightly golden undertone.
- The addition of copper creates a rosy red or rose gold, which goes very well with fair skin types. This colour emphasises a rosy and fresh complexion and makes your look radiant.
- White gold looks particularly noble. This colour is created by the addition of palladium or nickel and blends out the actual yellow gold tone, creating a colour that is more like silver. If you have a more olive complexion, a white gold necklace for ladies would be a very classy piece of jewellery for you.
Of course, you don't have to take one colour because it suits you better. Of course, your comfort comes first and therefore you should choose the colour that suits you best.
Gold chains for women come in many different lengths and widths. As a rule, however, people opt for a very thin gold chain because they want it to look classy and elegant. The length, on the other hand, is often varied.
The usual chain length is about 50 cm and goes to the collarbone. However, if you want the chain to reach to the neckline, you must choose a chain with at least 55 cm. All chains of 65 cm or more are considered XL chains and can even be wrapped twice around the neck. Of course, there are also shorter chains if you prefer.
Chain lengths are usually between 40 and 65 cm. Which length of chain you should choose is entirely up to your preferences. For your perfect look, it is important to choose a necklace for women that is long enough to match perfectly. Basically, the shorter you are, the shorter the necklace for women should be.
Gold necklaces for women are not only available in different lengths, they also differ in design. We show you the features of the individual variants here.
- The simplest version of a gold chain is the link chain. It consists of a series of interconnected chain links. It can vary greatly in terms of shape and thickness. However, a simple link chain is always a good basis and can also be combined very well with a pendant.
- You can embellish your gold chain for ladies with a pendant. The pendant becomes the focal point of the piece of jewellery. This effect can be strengthened or weakened depending on the size and workmanship of the pendant. For example, you can choose pendants set with precious stones or pearls, round metal plates that you can have engraved, heart chains or symbols such as crosses.
- You can also choose a gold necklace for ladies with several pendants. In the first variant, all the pendants hang together in the middle and the second variant would be that the pendants are integrated into the chain and are at equal distances from each other.
It is entirely up to you which variant you choose. You can choose your gold necklace for ladies just for its appearance or you can choose the necklace in such a way that it illustrates your personality or even sends a message.
Gold chains for ladies: The most important questions answered
Making the right decision among all the different variations is difficult. To help you with your purchase decision, we have listed and answered the most important questions about gold chains.
What variations of gold chains for ladies are there?
- Link chain: This gold chain for ladies consists of many oval, uniform chain links that interlock and thus form the classic pattern of the gold chain for ladies.
- Panzer chain: The Panzer chain for ladies consists of flattened and twisted links that interlock. This type of gold chain for ladies is very similar to the link chain only with a little more pizzazz.
- Ball chain: This type of gold chain for ladies consists of small balls that are equally spaced. The small balls are connected to each other by a section of wire.
- Anchor chain: The anchor chain for ladies is very similar to the link chain. It also has oval, uniform links, but is a little more delicate. The links are finer and smaller, which makes the chain look simpler and more elegant.
- Rolo chain: The Rolo chain for ladies is a type of anchor chain with D-shaped, rather wide links. The links are all identical in shape and size.
- Snake chain: The snake chain for ladies consists of very thin, slightly curved plates that are closely linked together, creating a continuous chain.
Now that you know the types of chains, you only have to decide on one. You should still pay attention to the individual buying criteria.
How do I care for and clean my gold chain for ladies?
Gold jewellery can look dull and tarnish over time. With the following tips, your jewellery will stay shiny for a long time:
- The ingredients of products such as skin care products, cosmetics or cleaning agents quickly attack the surface of the gold, which is why the gold chain for ladies can quickly tarnish or look matt. We therefore recommend that you remove the chain before showering, bathing or cleaning
- To make your gold chain shine again, you need to mix lukewarm water with some mild detergent and leave the chain in it overnight. Then wash the gold chain for ladies with clear water and polish it with a soft cloth until it shines.
- If you are a little sceptical about cleaning, you can also resort to ultrasonic cleaning or have a jeweller do it for you.
- To prevent your ladies gold chain from tarnishing quickly, keep it in a place where it is out of the constant sun and protected from the air. A jewellery box would be a very good place.
If you want your gold necklace for ladies not to tarnish quickly, it would be worth considering a necklace with a fairly high fine gold content, as these are less likely to tarnish.
Styling tips for ladies gold chains: How to achieve the perfect look with a gold chain
The good news first: today almost anything is possible when combining jewellery. However, it is important that your outfit is not too overloaded. Jewellery should only enhance your outfit and not distract from it. Here you can see some examples of how you can wear your gold necklace for women:
- It is even possible to enhance very plain outfits. For example, you can wear a white T-shirt and a gold necklace with a pendant. Add matching earrings and bracelets and the basic style becomes a trendy style.
- A very nice option is chain layering . Simply wear different necklaces on top of each other. However, it is important that the chains are rather thin and of different lengths. Models with pendants are particularly popular.
- When wearing chains with rhinestones, be careful not to overdo it. With simple jewellery like gold, silver or rose gold you can combine a lot, but with glittery stuff the rule is: less is more.
As you can see, it is very easy to combine gold necklaces for women with your outfit. All you have to do is follow the very simple basic styling rules mentioned above.
Gold chains for women are a timeless piece of jewellery, with this jewellery you are always well advised. Whether you are wearing a business look, a basic or very smartly dressed. A gold chain is a simple yet eye-catching addition to any outfit and will enhance it.
To create the perfect look, it's all about the right combination and styling. Above we have shown you how you could do it, but the most important point should be that you like it yourself and are not forced to follow styling tips.
Image source: Unsplash.com / Jason Yoder