Are you still looking for the right women's jumper for next season? Then you should get more information now, because jumpers for women come in many different designs, made of different materials and with different elements. There is the right model for every season. Whether warm and fluffy for winter or light and airy for summer, there is something for every wardrobe.
With this guide to women's jumpers, we want to help you find the right jumper for you. We have summarised the most important and frequently asked questions and answered them for you in detail. We have also included further information on the subject of buying criteria and styling.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women's Jumpers: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying women's jumpers
- 4 Ladies' jumpers: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for women's jumpers: How to achieve the perfect jumper look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Women's Jumpers: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying women's jumpers
In the following, we explain what buying criteria there are for women's jumpers. We show how these can help you find the right jumper.
These are the following buying criteria:
- Features & Elements
- Quality & Processing
In the following paragraphs, we explain what each criterion is and what you should look for when making your buying decision.
Before you decide on a women's jumper, you should definitely pay attention to the material of the jumper. There are many different materials from which jumpers for women are made. Some of them are more comfortable to wear than others. Below we show you some examples of these materials:
- Wool & Knitwear
- Synthetics / synthetic fibre
What material the jumper is made of not only affects how it feels to wear, but also how you should wash and care for your jumper. The longevity of the jumper also often depends on the material. Cotton jumpers with the addition of a little synthetic fibre are particularly durable.
Features and elements
Women's jumpers can have many different features and elements. Especially the collar and the neckline shape of the jumper are very telling. When buying, pay attention to which elements are best suited to your wardrobe. Whether the jumper looks casual or elegant depends entirely on its elements.
The features and elements of the jumper determine the style. If the jumper has elements such as gathers, ruffles or embellishments like bows, beads and rhinestones, it often looks feminine and elegant. If you prefer a simple look, you should go for a figure-hugging round-neck jumper or a V-neck jumper with a button placket.
Jumpers without many extras look casual and are easier to combine. A women's sweatshirt in pastel colours looks casual and feminine at the same time. There are many different styles. Before buying, you should think about which elements and extras you prefer and then compare and try on the products.
Quality and workmanship
The quality and workmanship of the women's jumper should also play a major role in your purchase decision. The material plays a big role in the quality. Materials such as silk and cashmere are high-quality materials that are very comfortable to wear.
Other materials such as polyester, acrylic and synthetic fibres are of lower quality. If these materials are only partially contained in the items, it is less of a problem. However, you should keep your hands off products that are made of 100% artificial materials. The smell of the garment is also an important quality feature. If the clothing smells very penetrating, this indicates that chemicals were used in its manufacture.
When buying, also pay attention to quality features such as the workmanship of the seams, outstanding threads and sewing of the labels. You should also test the buttons and zips before buying. Can the buttons be opened and closed without any problems or does the button slip out of the buttonhole after just one minute?
If the zip cannot be closed in the shop without snagging, this is a sign of inferior quality. The workmanship of the buttonholes is also an important indication of the quality of the garment. High-quality buttonholes should neither fuzz nor fray.
Ladies' jumpers: The most important questions answered
If you are looking for the right jumper, you probably have a few questions. In this section, we have summarised and answered in detail the most important and frequently asked questions about women's jumpers.
What styles of women's jumpers are available?
Ladies' jumpers come in many different styles. In the following, we explain which types of women's jumpers there are and in which styles you can buy a women's jumper.
- Ladies' round-neck jumper: The round neck is a classic variant of the jumper neckline. It exudes style and elegance but also restraint. There are simple round-neck jumpers, which are often available in figure-hugging cuts. There are also extravagant pieces that often feature extras such as shiny effects, batwing sleeves or shoulder appliqués.
- Ladies' V-neck jumpers: A V-neck not only emphasises the décolleté but also leaves room for accessories. There are models with a suggested lapel collar, button bands, batwing sleeves and many other fashionable elements.
- Turtlenecks: Turtlenecks have a simple, timeless elegance. Whether for work or everyday wear, a turtleneck jumper always fits. Combined with a blazer, it creates a high-class business look, with jeans rather a sporty, casual look. Turtlenecks come with short or long sleeves and are available with different collar sizes.
- Oversize jumpers: Wool jumpers in a casual oversize look are very popular. They make large hips or thighs disappear and conceal small problem zones in no time.
- Cotton jumpers: Cotton jumpers leave a light, cool feeling on the skin. They are very comfortable to wear and are available in numerous colours and cuts. Very fine-meshed jumpers are particularly elegant.
- Ladies sweatshirt: Classic sweatshirts are part of every sporty woman's wardrobe. With elements like practical kangaroo pockets or a hood, they are particularly casual. But there are also more elegant and feminine versions. These then have elements such as appliqués, charming ruffles or turtlenecks.
Which ladies' jumper suits which season?
In the following, we will give you some examples and ideas of which women's jumpers go best with which season.
- Spring: Light cotton jumpers and pastel colours as well as pretty floral patterns are particularly suitable in spring. V-neck jumpers are also perfect for the first warmer days of spring. If it does get too cold, the V-neck can be combined perfectly with a light scarf.
- Summer: In summer, airy short-sleeved jumpers in bright, fresh colours are particularly suitable. For example, with a wide carmen neckline or in transparent materials.
- Autumn: In autumn, a hooded jumper is particularly suitable as it reliably protects you from wind and weather. Jumpers with a high collar are also a good choice to keep your neck warm.
- Winter: Warm wool jumpers or jumpers with knitted patterns are perfect for winter. They provide reliable warmth, and a colourful jumper with a reindeer pattern is a must for Christmas.
These are only ideas and suggestions. When you can wear which jumper best depends, of course, on your personal taste, the weather and the occasion.
How do I clean and care for my ladies' jumper properly?
What exactly the right cleaning and care looks like depends entirely on the material of your ladies' jumper. Artificial fibres are rather easy to care for and you don't have to pay much attention to them. Wool, on the other hand, is rather difficult and you have to pay attention to many details.
Cotton jumpers are easy to care for and can usually be machine washed, spun and ironed. However, you should always take a look at the sewn-in label of your jumper. There you will find all the important instructions concerning the care and cleaning of the jumper.
However, wool jumpers that can be machine washed should be put in the washing machine as seldom as possible so as not to stress the fibres unnecessarily. In addition, you should always turn your jumpers inside out to wash them. For particularly delicate garments, a laundry net is also a good idea to minimise friction during the washing process.
For delicate women's jumpers, a gentle wash programme and the lowest possible washing temperature are also suitable. The right detergent is also important. Depending on the material, there are special detergents, for example for wool. When washing your favourite jumpers, it is best to fill the machine only halfway. This also prevents friction with other garments.
Jumpers that cannot be washed by machine must be washed by hand. Here, too, use particularly low water temperatures and liquid detergent. Wringing out will damage the fibres. Dry your jumper carefully with a towel. Washing too often is also not good. Often it is enough to air out the jumper overnight or "steam" it in the shower. This removes annoying odours and freshens up the fibres.
Styling tips for women's jumpers: How to achieve the perfect jumper look
- Multi-coloured jumpers combine very well with a plain skirt and boots.
- Plain jumpers in bright shades go perfectly with checked trousers or leggings with patterns.
- Oversized jumpers are easily transformed into fashionable eye-catchers with a tie belt at waist level.
- An oversized jumper goes best with skinny jeans and chunky boots.
- For a navy look, combine a striped jumper with slim, dark blue trousers and Chelsea boots.
- Airy short-sleeved jumpers go very well with a slim, figure-hugging skirt.
- You can wear a pretty lace top under a V-neck jumper. This makes the look classy and elegant.
Jumpers for women come in many different varieties. They differ in their material, their elements and their quality. There are also different models for each season. Whether cosy woollen jumpers for winter or light and airy short-sleeved jumpers in bright summer colours, there is something for everyone.
If you are looking for the right jumper, you should compare the different models. This can be done on the basis of the material, the quality or the different elements. Take your time and you're sure to find the right model.
(Image source: Priscilla Du Preez / Unsplash)