Leather shoes are a must-have in the wardrobe of many fashion-conscious women, and their timeless style and durability make them a very popular clothing accessory. The large selection of different models allows you to give free rein to your creativity.
Whether for a cool drink after work or for a long hike on a lukewarm autumn day, leather shoes can easily be combined with numerous outfits to make a great fashion statement. In our short guide, we have summarised the most important information on the topic of leather shoes.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women's Leather Shoes: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying leather shoes for women
- 4 Leather shoes for women: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for leather shoes for women: How to achieve the perfect leather shoe look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Women's Leather Shoes: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying leather shoes for women
With so many different models to choose from, the choice can often be overwhelming. To make your buying decision easier, we have briefly summarised the most important buying criteria in our guide:
For this purpose, we have decided on the following buying criteria:
- Leather type
- Shoe type
If you follow these few buying criteria for your next leather shoe purchase, you are sure to find the right model without any problems.
Type of leather
The type of leather not only has aesthetic value, but is also decisive for the wearing comfort and durability of the leather shoe.
Shoes made of genuine leather "work" step by step and adapt to the shape of your foot over time, which significantly increases wearing comfort. In addition, shoes made of genuine leather are breathable and insulating, which means you always feel comfortable.
Imitation leather shoes are hard-wearing, resistant and water-repellent. The production of imitation leather is much cheaper, which is why these shoes are significantly less expensive. Shoes made of imitation leather are not only easy on your wallet, but also prevent animals from being harmed in the production of the leather.
The lining of your leather shoes has a great influence on successful heat insulation and comfortable wear.
We recommend that you use a wool felt lining for the warmer seasons. Shoes with felt lining are breathable, temperature-balancing and air-conditioning, which makes them particularly comfortable to wear even at higher temperatures.
For the colder seasons, you should opt for leather shoes with a lining made of fur, such as lambskin. The outstanding insulating effect of the fur will keep your feet pleasantly warm even on the coldest winter days, which property also enhances the wearing comfort of your leather shoe.
The type of shoe is not only responsible for the style of the shoe, but also contributes a lot to a comfortable wearing feeling.
Leather shoes in the half-shoe style are especially recommended for warmer seasons. Due to their compact construction, they are particularly light and offer high breathability with maximum wearing comfort.
For unstable or cooler weather periods, we recommend that you go for leather shoes in the form of boots or bootees. Due to the higher construction, your feet are optimally protected from wetness and cold.
To ensure that the colour of the leather shoe matches your style of clothing, you should think about the right choice of colour before buying.
Darker colours such as grey, brown or black are timeless and can be used in a variety of styles.
Of course, you can also go for bright colours like yellow, red or light blue. This allows you to set great colour accents, but these colour variations are more difficult to combine with other items of clothing.
Leather shoes for women: The most important questions answered
Did a few questions pop into your head while browsing for your new leather shoe? No problem! With our short guide, we have summarised and answered the most important questions for you when buying leather shoes.
What types of leather shoes are there for women?
Numerous suppliers offer different types of leather shoes for women - from casual and business to functional and environmentally friendly.
We have therefore searched for the most popular categories and summarised them for you in a short overview:
- Casual: For everyday wear, we recommend you go for shoe models with a casual look. Whether low shoe or boot - due to their versatile use, leather shoes in the casual version are not only extremely comfortable, but can also be easily combined with numerous outfits.
- Business: For your everyday office life, we recommend that you opt for shoe models with a business look. This not only gives you a simple shoe, but also a stylish and fashionable eye-catcher.
- Functional: For rough and unpleasant weather days, we recommend that you go for leather shoes that are characterised by a high level of functionality. Thanks to their high-quality material, these leather shoes are not only very durable, but also protected against numerous environmental influences such as cold and wet.
- Environmentally friendly: If the environment is important to you, you can also choose sustainably produced leather shoes for your next shoe purchase. Not only will you be buying a very stylish pair of shoes, but you will also be helping to preserve our unique environment.
Depending on your personal preference, you can therefore choose from numerous shoe models and find the right leather shoe for you.
How do you find the right leather shoe for the season?
Finding the right leather shoe for the respective season is crucial for a pleasant and long-lasting wearing experience of leather shoes. Therefore, we have briefly summarised the most important points for you:
- Spring and summer months: In the warmer seasons, we recommend that you opt for leather loafers without lining or with wool felt lining. This ensures optimal ventilation of the shoe and prevents heavy sweating. You should also opt for low shoes, as they are more comfortable to wear even on hot summer days.
- Autumn and winter months: When the days become more uncomfortable, rainy and cold, leather boots with a fur lining are the perfect companion for your everyday life. Thanks to the lining, the leather shoes are optimally insulated and protected from any water penetration by the high shaft height.
Before buying shoes, you should therefore think about the season in which you would like to wear your new pair of leather shoes regularly.
How do you care for and clean your leather shoes?
To ensure that your leather shoes give you pleasure and remain comfortable for a long time, you should care for and clean them regularly.
When caring for genuine leather, you need to distinguish between smooth and suede leather. Shoes made of smooth leather should be cleaned regularly with a damp cloth and a shoe polish suitable for smooth leather should be applied for optimum shoe care. You should regularly brush suede shoes to loosen the structure of the leather fibres and remove dirt and dust from the leather surface.
You should clean and care for imitation leather shoes regularly, as the leather can become brittle and colourless without suitable care. In addition, you should impregnate your imitation leather shoes with a suitable spray after cleaning to effectively protect your shoes from dirt and moisture.
Where is the best place to buy your leather shoes?
You can either buy leather shoes directly on site in numerous shops or conveniently in one of the numerous online shops.
If you would like to try on your leather shoes before buying them, we recommend that you visit a shoe shop near you. This will not only allow you to test the comfort of your leather shoe, but also to ask any questions you may have to the helpful staff at the shoe shop. The only disadvantage is that shoe shops only offer a limited selection of foam models.
If going to the nearest shoe shop is too inconvenient for you, you can also have your new leather shoe conveniently delivered to your home via the internet. In the various online shops, you can browse through numerous models and compare different prices at the same time. However, you cannot test the leather shoes in advance, nor can you clarify any questions you may have with a member of staff.
Styling tips for leather shoes for women: How to achieve the perfect leather shoe look
When it comes to styling, you can always create a great eye-catcher with a fashionable leather shoe. To help you out a little, we have briefly summarised the most important styling tips in connection with leather shoes:
- Mid-height leather shoes are best combined with simple jeans or worn with a smart business look at work.
- Boots are perfect in combination with dresses or skirts and create a stylish fashion accent.
- Leather heeled shoes can be combined with a casual jeans look or a stylish dress.
- Add a leather bag in a trendy colour to add style to your look.
- However, you should be careful: Too many leather accents can make your look look cluttered.
With our styling tips, you can start your day fashionable and top styled at any time of the year.
Leather shoes are a great styling accessory that you can combine with numerous outfits. What's more, you can make a stylish, fashion statement in numerous everyday situations with the right leather shoe.
In addition, leather shoes offer the fullest comfort and will give you great pleasure for many years to come thanks to their high quality and robustness.
(Image source: pixabay.com / coreyjonesvisuals)