Women's leggings are the must-have garment in your wardrobe! The women's leggings are not only a comfortable trouser option for Sundays at home, but can also be a real statement piece of clothing in your outfit, such as with the leather leggings.
With our buying guide for women's leggings, we want to help you find the perfect leggings for you! We have summarised all the important information for you, answered the most important questions on the subject and finally given you a few styling tips. This should help you with your purchase decision.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women's Leggings: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying leggings for women
- 4 Leggings for women: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for leggings for women: How to create the perfect outfit with leggings
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Women's Leggings: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What you should look for when buying leggings for women
If you are unsure about what to look for when buying leggings for women, we have put together criteria to help you make your decision.
These are the following buying criteria:
- More details
In the following section, you will find out what is important in the individual aspects.
Leggings for women are very diverse and therefore the materials here can also be very different. However, most leggings have a very high proportion of elastane because of the elasticity, which makes them particularly stretchy.
In fact, there is not only one "classic" leggings material. There are also the following fabrics:
- Cotton / Jersey
- Imitation leather
Depending on the "intended use", you will find these fabrics in your leggings for women. For example, in the so-called "jeggings", a combination of jeans and leggings, there is a proportion of denim, which may be surprising at first glance.
Besides the simple black cotton leggings, leggings for women still come in different varieties and shapes. Here are the most popular types of women's leggings:
- Caprileggings: Caprileggings end below the knee. They therefore cover (3/4) of your leg and are therefore shorter than the "normal" leggings for women.
- Shaping leggings: Consists of fabric that hugs your shape and even gives you a "new shape".
- Leatherleggings: The leather pants are made of a faux leather and often have a shiny surface.
- Sports leggings: As the name suggests, these leggings are suitable for sports. They are made of a very elastic and opaque fabric that is especially good at absorbing sweat.
The shape retention is mainly due to the high percentage of spandex. Unfortunately, the shape of the leggings can suffer if they are worn or washed frequently. This is due to the nature of the material spandex, which is constantly stretched when worn.
For this reason, we recommend that you choose a high-quality pair of leggings, as they will wear out more slowly than cheaper models.
Women's leggings not only come in different shapes and colours, but also in other details that make your leggings very special.
There are leggings with lace at the end of the leg or rivets. You can also find special side seams and cut-outs on the legs. As you can see, depending on your look, you can combine your leggings, rocky, casual or playful.
Leggings for women: The most important questions answered
In this section we answer the most important questions about leggings for women, what styles are available, how they should fit or how to achieve the perfect look.
What styles of leggings are available for women?
- Classic women's leggings: The classic women's leggings are actually nothing spectacular, yet they offer a lot. They are especially popular because of their simplicity and the combination possibilities they offer. The leggings for women come in different colours and patterns. Their fabric is, as with all leggings, very stretchy and therefore very comfortable to wear.
- Sports leggings: Sports leggings are just as popular as classic women's leggings. The only difference here is that the sports leggings can absorb sweat. They come in thousands of colours and often with different cut-outs that distinguish sports leggings.
- Thermo leggings: Thermo leggings, unlike classic women's leggings, are more about keeping you warm and less about the look. The thermal leggings are not made of a "simple" fabric like the other women's leggings, but one that will keep you warm through the cold days.
- Leather leggings: The leather-look leggings are an absolute must-have, especially in autumn. In contrast to the classic and sporty women's leggings, they are the chic version of women's leggings that you can wear out in the evening. Because their shiny fabric is a real eye-catcher.
If you want to know how best to combine your leggings for women, we have prepared a guide for you under "Styling tips for leggings for women: How to get the perfect outfit with leggings" styling tips listed.
How can I tell if my ladies leggings fit well?
Especially with leather leggings, you should make sure that they fit properly. If they are too tight, the leggings can quickly look too squeezed and no longer look elegant.
How do I care for and clean my ladies leggings?
- The ideal cleaning temperature is low, like 30 degrees.
- Do not use bleach or detergents, but rather colour or mild detergents.
- You should also avoid using a tumble dryer, as the temperature is too high here too. Dry your ladies' leggings on a hanger instead.
The care labels will give you even more advice. Most of the time, the labels advise you not to use fabric softener, because it can cause the fibres to stick together. This in turn means that the elasticity suffers.
Styling tips for leggings for women: How to create the perfect outfit with leggings
Leggings for women are indispensable and transform any outfit. No matter what look you prefer or what occasion you want to go out to, women's leggings can easily be paired with anything. Below we have put together some styling tips for you.
- Causual look: To achieve the casual look, it is first and foremost about feeling comfortable and being able to relax in your outfit. Combine your classic black women's leggings, in which you feel most comfortable, with an oversized jumper or a large knitted pullover, plus cosy boots or some snug socks to wear at home.
- Sport look: There really are no limits to the sport look! You can combine bright colours or bring out your sports leggings with cut-outs. One trend is to choose the whole sport look in one colour. This means that if you have beige women's leggings, for example, you can combine a sports bra or T-shirt in the same colour.
- Going out look: For the perfect going out look, combine leather leggings for women with pointed pumps. Make sure that the only piece of leather in your outfit is the leather leggings, so that the look does not look too overloaded. The leather leggings for women are already eye-catching enough, so the rest of your look should be calm and restrained.
There really are no limits when it comes to styling women's leggings. Feel free to go wild, be creative and don't be shy! At the end of the day, all that matters is that you feel comfortable in your new leggings.
Leggings for women are an absolute all-rounder and should definitely not be missing from your wardrobe! Whether elegant, casual or extravagant. Thanks to the numerous variations, leggings for women can be worn for countless occasions, whether relaxed on the sofa or sporty for yoga.
The special thing about the leggings for women is the infinity of possible combinations. You can wear the leggings for women with both casual and chic looks. The leggings go with every colour, every pattern and also with eye-catching prints on tops. The leggings really go with every look!
(Contributed image: unsplash.com / Kalea Morgan)