With the help of shapewear, women can sculpt their figure and define their waist, hips and bottom. The innovative cuts and materials of the tummy-flattening underwear help you to conceal your problem zones and set the scene for your figure.
Shaperwear is designed to help ladies conjure up a slim figure and visually tighten and accentuate curves. And all this without any exercise! But in order to achieve the desired effect, a few things should be taken into account. Everything you need to know about women's shapewear can be found in the following guide.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women's Shapewear: Our Picks
- 3 Shapewear for women: The most important questions answered
- 4 Conclusion
The Best Women's Shapewear: Our Picks
Shapewear for women: The most important questions answered
To help you find the ideal women's shapewear for you, we will answer the most important questions about the topic in the following section.
What styles of shapewear are there for women?
- Petticoat: The shapewear petticoat for women has a firming effect, especially in the thighs and lower abdominal area. It provides the ideal foundation for your favourite skirt.
- Petticoat: Like the petticoat, the shapewear petticoat has a firming effect. However, this is not only concentrated on the thighs and bottom, but also covers the entire stomach. The straps can be shortened or lengthened as desired.
- Shaping briefs and thongs: Shaping briefs and thongs are usually very high and thus create a flat stomach as well as a tight waist. The different models vary in height.
- Cami: A shapewear camp is a top that comfortably shapes your silhouette and is the ideal foundation for your favourite outfit.
- WYOB body or dress: WYOB stands for "with your own bra", so you can wear your own bra and the WYOB body or dress over it. The bodysuit shapes your tummy and hips, while the dress also tightens your thighs and bottom. The straps can be shortened or lengthened as desired.
As you can see, there is a shapewear solution for every lady, every occasion and every problem zone. If you want to wear a dress or skirt, an underskirt or petticoat is ideal. If you are wearing trousers and a figure-hugging top, you can fall back on a bodysuit or cami.
What levels of shapewear are there for women?
- Level 1: Level 1 shapewear primarily offers a firming effect. The material is tight-fitting, but also gives slightly. This ensures a high level of comfort.
- Level 2: Women's shapewear of this level shapes your silhouette a little more and is very comfortable to wear.
- Level 3: If you want to shape your silhouette strongly, then you should go for level 3 shapewear. The material is a little firmer and offers the ultimate level of control.
The shaping level of women's shapewear is decisive when it comes to how much you want to emphasise or shape your figure. The higher the level, the greater the shaping effect of the underwear.
How do I find the right size for my shapewear for women?
Since you will be wearing the shapewear all day or evening, it should definitely feel comfortable. Shapewear is used to shape the female body, but you should not feel constricted. Shapewear does not stretch when worn.
If your shapewear is too tight, it can roll up when you move and become visible. To be as invisible as possible, your women's shapewear should have flat and soft seams. To test that nothing shifts and that the underwear fits well, you can squat or sit down when trying it on.
Shapewear for women is generally available in beige and black. If you want to wear light-coloured clothes over your shapewear, you should definitely choose beige underwear.
How do I clean and care for my shapewear for women?
When washing shapewear, it is important not to use fabric softener. You should also not iron or bleach your shapewear for women.
Women's shapewear offers a comfortable solution for concealing problem areas and enhancing your figure. You can choose between different models depending on the outfit and occasion. Levels 1 to 3 indicate the shaping level. The higher the level, the higher the shaping effect of the underwear.
To guarantee the desired effect, it is essential that the underwear fits correctly. You can test this by making small movements when trying it on. Your women's shapewear should not be too tight, otherwise it can slip or form rolls when you move.
(Image source: Inciclo / Unsplash)