There are countless shorts for women. They come in a wide variety of styles. With different fabrics, different patterns, in different colours and countless cut variations. Women's shorts also come in a wide variety of styles. Each pair of shorts can conceal other areas that women don't feel comfortable with.
So if you want to buy shorts for women, you have countless options. To find the right shorts for you, you should choose based on the style and cut you want. Not every woman likes every cut and not everyone has the same taste in shorts.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women's Shorts: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying shorts for women
- 4 Shorts for women: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for women's shorts: How to achieve the perfect look
The Best Women's Shorts: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying shorts for women
Since the selection of shorts for women seems almost endless, we have summarised below the most important buying criteria you should look for before buying shorts for women.
It is especially important to pay attention to the fit before buying shorts for women. It is best to consider which areas you would like to emphasise and which you would prefer to conceal. Based on these points, you can choose the model that fulfils them.
The next step is to find the right size. The best way to do this is to consult a size chart. With their help, you are sure to find the shorts for women with the perfect fit.
The length of the shorts is also important. If you plan to wear the shorts to the office, you should definitely make sure that they are not too short. Otherwise, there are no limits and you can buy the shorts you are happy with depending on your mood.
It is very hot, especially in summer. That is why it is advisable, especially with ladies' shorts, to choose trousers that are sewn from a light fabric that is permeable to air. This way you avoid excessive sweating and can always keep a cool head. [/kb_guide]
Shorts for women: The most important questions answered
As the selection of shorts for ladies seems unlimited at first glance, it can be very difficult to find the right pair of trousers. To give you an overview of the different styles of shorts for ladies, we have listed the most important types below and answered the most frequently asked questions on the subject of shorts for ladies.
In which styles are shorts for ladies available?
Since there are countless styles and variants of shorts for women, we have summarised the most important and popular ones for you. This will give you an overview and make it much easier for you to choose shorts that perfectly suit you and your style.
- Denim shorts: Denim shorts are an all-time classic among women's shorts. As the denim fabric never goes out of fashion, neither do the denim shorts. Every woman has owned a pair of shorts like these at one time or another. They are tight, ending just below the bottom, making them a great eye-catcher. You can go shopping, meet friends or go on a variety of outings in them.
- Paperbag shorts: The paperbag shorts are among the most figure-flattering shorts for women. They get their name from paper bags that are crumpled up at the top. That's exactly how paperbag shorts should look. They are high-waisted shorts made of a lot of fabric that is gathered at the waist. This emphasises the waist. Paperbag shorts are available in all kinds of fabrics, with all kinds of patterns and colours. These shorts can also be worn to the office without any problems.
- Bermudas: The Bermuda shorts are also a classic among women's shorts. They have a straight cut, end just above the knee and are usually made of a light fabric.
- Cycling shorts: Cycling shorts have become increasingly popular in recent years as a pair of trousers suitable for everyday wear. They are not only comfortable, but also look casual. Combine them with a long T-shirt or an oversized jacket and the look is complete.
- Sweat shorts: Sweat shorts are no longer reserved for sports. In contrast to cycling shorts, they are a little looser. In summer, they are ideal for various leisure activities. However, because they are loose, it can happen that they reveal deeper insights. So it's best to wear a bikini underneath and you'll be on the safe side.
- City shorts: The city shorts belong to the short trousers for women that are very elegant and can therefore also be worn in the office. They are made of high-quality material and cut in such a way that they go perfectly with a blouse or a classy blazer. City shorts are also perfect to combine with high heels, so you can also wear them to dinner.
As you can see, the options of shorts are very extensive. These six varieties are the most popular. They are also just a selection of the different models you can find on the market today.
What is the best way to combine ladies' shorts?
The best way to combine shorts depends entirely on the type of shorts you choose. The classics like jeans shorts, Bermudas but also sporty variants like bike shorts and sweat shorts can be combined with simple T-shirts.
This combination is not elaborate and still looks stylish. Also, the tighter the trousers, the wider the T-shirt can be. Precious variations, such as the paperbag shorts or the city shorts, are best combined with a blouse or a top made of finer fabric or a blazer.
This way they can also be worn to the office. Paperbag shorts can also be combined with a fitted top. Depending on the occasion you want to wear your outfit with the shorts, you can then also choose between sneakers or high heels.
Which shorts for women conceal my thighs and calves?
If you want to conceal your thighs, it's best to go for shorts that emphasise the waist and fall loosely. These can be paperbag shorts, for example, but also comfortable sweat shorts that are cut higher. Straight cut trousers in an airy fabric that falls loosely and ends a hand's width above the knee are also ideal for all women who want to draw the focus away from their thighs.
These are also really easy to combine with a plain top. To conceal your calves, it's best to choose three-quarter trousers. These are slightly longer, but emphasise the slimmest part of the leg, the ankles. They also cover a large part of the calves, making them disappear from focus.
What occasions can I wear ladies' shorts for?
Ladies' shorts can basically always be worn. Whether it's for sports, a shopping trip through the city, weekend activities or at the lake. Depending on how comfortable you want to be, you can choose between tight-fitting jeans shorts and loose-fitting sweat shorts. You can also wear shorts to the office. However, there are a few points to keep in mind.
The trousers should not be too short or too casual. Only wear shorts to the office that are classy and chic and do not give the impression that you are going on holiday. Paperbags and city shorts are perfect for this. Combined with a blouse or blazer, you get the ideal summer outfit for the office.
Styling tips for women's shorts: How to achieve the perfect look
There are a few tips and tricks you can use to make your outfit around your ladies' shorts look perfect. We have listed the most important ones below.
- Combine tight and loose: If you opt for a pair of tight-fitting jeans shorts, you should always combine them with an oversized top. It doesn't matter if it's a T-shirt, jumper or a breezy jacket. The combination of tight trousers and a loose top makes you look casual. If, on the other hand, you opt for loose trousers, a tight top is an ideal match. If they are also high-waisted, they will emphasise your waist.
- Short waist shorts: Since short waist shorts emphasise the waist and shorts always visually enlarge, such shorts are ideal for small women. Combined with an airy summer top and sandals or shoes with wedge heels, the summer look is complete.
- The right shoes: The choice of shoes is crucial to whether or not your outfit is suitable for the occasion. Flat sandals are recommended for a casual leisure look. But simple sneakers can also be worn for this. If you are looking for a party outfit, go for high heels.
Basically, you can't go wrong when wearing ladies' shorts. One of the reasons why shorts are so popular is that they can be combined in the most diverse ways, depending on your mood. This gives you a single garment that you can wear for any occasion. Shorts for women are a must-have in every woman's wardrobe.
There are countless varieties of shorts for women. The best way to find out which one is right for you is to use the elimination method. The style you are aiming for and your personal taste are the main criteria that can make your purchase easier.
The most popular women's shorts are jeans shorts, paperbag shorts, bermudas, cycling shorts, sweat shorts and city shorts. There is a model to suit every woman. Since shorts for women are also super easy to combine, shorts are a must-have for every woman.
Photo source: Ana Itonishvili / unsplash.com