Women's sweatshirts are absolute all-rounders. With the right look, you can appear both chic and casual. Not to mention the slightly sporty flavour, which even puts you in an athletic light on the couch. Sweatshirts for women come in a wide variety of colours and materials. From fancy models to plain black, everything is represented in the colour spectrum.
Women's sweatshirts are always easy to combine with other items of clothing, regardless of the season. Whether curvy or slim, sweatshirts for women flatter the figure and are therefore suitable for every body type. The styling options are also accordingly very diverse.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women´s Sweatshirt: Our Pics
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying women's sweatshirts
- 4 Sweatshirts for women: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for women's sweatshirts: How to create the perfect sweatshirt look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Women´s Sweatshirt: Our Pics
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying women's sweatshirts
The selection of different models of sweatshirts for women is very broad. Consequently, the choice can be a little difficult. To help you find the ideal women's sweatshirt for you, we have summarised a few criteria that should make the choice easier. In case of doubt, however, the following applies: Two are always better than one.
However, the following buying criteria should make the choice easier for you:
We will discuss these in more detail in the next section.
Probably the most popular material for women's sweatshirts is cotton. This is particularly breathable and won't let you down even on a hot date. In addition, cotton is particularly soft and brings with it a high level of wearing comfort. The fabric is therefore ideal for delicate and sensitive skin.
Polyester is also very popular. This material is particularly durable. However, polyester cannot absorb sweat, which is why it is more noticeable on the skin. Nevertheless, the synthetic fibre is the preferred material for sportswear. The breathable properties ensure pleasant ventilation during sports.
A mixture of the two fabrics is also very common. This is called polycotton. Compared to cotton, polyester does not shrink. Therefore, the blended fabric is easier to handle in terms of drying and washing. The cotton component enhances the blend in that it makes garments more breathable.
In principle, you can choose between the materials depending on your preference. This depends on the desired wearing comfort and, of course, the desired look.
For all ladies who don't like to make decisions, this point is guaranteed to be hard fare. The choice of designs for women's sweatshirts is almost endless. If you stick to the original design of the first sweatshirt, it would look like this: classic grey, long sleeves, round neckline and a triangle of elastic material on the upper front.
In the meantime, however, there is every conceivable colour and colour combination and the most diverse prints to go with it. Depending on your preference, you can go for more or less colour. If you want to remain loyal to a certain brand, there are also numerous women's sweatshirts with logo prints.
Sweatshirts for women are sometimes fitted and flatter the figure a little more. Depending on your preference, you can also go for the unisex cut.
There are no limits to your imagination. You can choose the right design depending on your wishes and state of mind.
The collar can be found in many different variations. The following can be distinguished:
- Round neck: The old school model with a round neckline is particularly popular. Not too tight and not too wide. Everything stays covered and is one thing above all: really cosy.
- V-neck: Women's sweatshirts with a V-neck particularly flatter the décolleté. Combined with a beautiful necklace, this can really enhance the style.
- Turtleneck: The turtleneck is a must-have for the cooler seasons. It makes for a warm neck and is guaranteed to keep you warm in winter.
- Classic shirt collar: Yes, the shirt collar is also an eye-catcher for women. A sweatshirt with a stand-up collar for women is particularly modern.
Depending on your preference, you can choose between these models. There is no limit to the combination with jeans, skirts or jogging pants.
Sleeves are available in various designs for women's sweatshirts. Classic long-sleeved sweatshirts for women, sleeveless sweatshirts, models with puffed sleeves or sleeves with cut outs.
Sleeveless sweatshirts for women have a particularly sporty character. A sports bra can be worn underneath, which can also be deliberately flashed out at the sides of models with lower necklines.
Sweatshirts for women with puffed sleeves add that certain something. Not only are they fashionably eye-catching, but they also guarantee freedom of movement and are very comfortable to wear.
So here again you are spoilt for choice. Consequently, there is something for every taste.
Sweatshirts for women: The most important questions answered
To bring a little structure into the wide world of women's sweatshirts, we have summarised some important questions for you below. These should help you as much as possible to make the decision when buying a sweatshirt as easy as possible.
In which styles are women's sweatshirts available?
- Waisted: To flatter the female figure, there are women's sweatshirts that are tighter at the waist.
- Unisex: Unisex sweatshirts for women are particularly cosy. Here, a straight cut provides extra space and comfort.
- Cropped: For the warmer days of the year, sweatshirts are also available in a cropped look. This leaves the tummy free and lets the figure speak for itself.
- Long: The extra long women's sweatshirts are also particularly suitable as dresses or with leggings. Depending on the length, they reach approximately to mid-thigh or even lower and can be combined in many different ways.
Which fabric is best suited for sweatshirts for women?
Cotton is characterised by its softness and high wearing comfort. Sensitive skin is particularly flattered and perspiration is well absorbed. In addition, cotton can also score points in many respects when it comes to sustainability.
Polyester is mostly found in sportswear. It dries quickly and is breathable. However, you do sweat a little more because it is not permeable to perspiration.
Polycotton, the combination of the two materials, combines the properties of both and can therefore be seen as an all-rounder.
You can choose between the materials depending on your preference and use.
How often should I wash my women's sweatshirt?
Of course, it also depends on how much you sweat. If you sweat a lot on some days, it is advisable to wash your women's sweatshirt. This is the best way to avoid unpleasant odours.
You can also air out the sweatshirt for women once in a while. After two days, simply hang it out in the fresh air for a day and your women's sweatshirt will be like new.
What is the difference between a women's sweatshirt and a hoodie?
Ladies' sweatshirts usually don't have extra bells and whistles like buttons or zips. Hoodies, on the other hand, usually have cords to pull the hood tighter. Some models also come with a zip or button placket.
In addition, the hoodie is recognisable by its classic kangaroo pocket. This is not found on women's sweatshirts.
Styling tips for women's sweatshirts: How to create the perfect sweatshirt look
Sweatshirts for women can be effortlessly combined to create a great outfit. Whether it's for work or a night out with friends, you can find the perfect look for any occasion. In the next section we have summarised a few styling tips for you.
- Sporty: Whether really for sport or just for a sporty appearance, a simple women's sweatshirt with a round neck is a great help. Perfectly combined with jogging trousers or leggings, the perfect sports outfit is made.
- Casual: A vintage women's sweatshirt or a sweatshirt with a special pattern combined with your favourite jeans gives you a great casual look. Add a pair of heeled shoes and the casual outfit is well rounded.
- Chic: An oversized women's sweatshirt with light material combined with a long skirt makes for a real eye-catcher. Tuck a little fabric into the waistband at the front, add the matching shoe and you're looking quite chic.
- Business: A classic sweatshirt for women and a blouse with a collar underneath make for an all-round good look for work. The collar shows up well through the neckline, adding that certain something to your outfit.
Of course, these tips are purely for inspiration. How you combine your sweatshirt is, of course, entirely up to you.
The sweatshirt for women is very versatile. As the all-rounder of garments, women's sweatshirts are a must in every wardrobe. The different models provide good variety and thus have something to offer for everyone.
Wearing comfort is guaranteed with most sweatshirts. The loose cut flatters every figure and lets you end the evening in style, even on the couch. With the right material, they are also pleasantly soft to wear.
Article image: pixabay.com / StockSnap