It's summer again and you haven't found the right swimwear yet? Don't worry. We will help you find swimwear that suits you and your body.
Swimwear for women comes in a wide variety of styles, fits and colours. Whether it's the classic bikini, swimming costume or tankini. There is something for every woman. In the following, we will give you the best styling tips for women's swimwear.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women's Swimwear: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying women's swimwear
- 4 Swimwear for women: The most important questions answered
- 5 Styling tips for women's swimwear: How to achieve the perfect swimwear look
- 6 Conclusion
The Best Women's Swimwear: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying women's swimwear
From plain black to gaudy animal prints and ruffles, women's swimwear comes in every conceivable style. To find the right swimwear for you, however, you should pay attention to a few criteria.
These are the following buying criteria:
In the following, we have explained the points listed above in detail.
There is a suitable swimwear for every woman and every body.
If you are very narrow at the top but have wide hips, you should go for an A-shaped bikini. If your shoulders and hips are the same width, you should go for the H-shape. If your waist and hips are very curvy, an O-shape is recommended.
If you have a narrow waist but wide shoulders and hips. Then the X-shape swimwear is suitable for you. The Y-shape is suitable for ladies with a wide shoulder, narrow waist and narrow hips.
Ladies' swimwear comes in a variety of fabrics. Here are the two most commonly used fabrics and why you should choose them.
Firstly, there is swimwear in Lycra fabric. This material is particularly stretchy and so very flexible. The fabric is not only quick-drying, but also wicks moisture from the inside to the outside.
Most swimwear is made from a breathable and waterproof fabric. The fabric is not only relatively light, but also breathable, so it will not let you and your body overheat.
Many women have problems with the size of their swimwear. The tops are usually cut too small or too large for some bust sizes. Trousers also often cause problems. To avoid these problems, you should pay attention to certain things. For example, you should always be able to try on the swimwear directly, so online shopping doesn't help here.
However, if you are inclined to shop online, you should always read the customer reviews and comments. Most women have the same problem finding the right size.
Many women tend to buy their swimwear in a larger size to hide their problem areas. Unfortunately, this is wrong. You should buy your swimwear one size smaller, as the fabric will still stretch when wet and can therefore hang down or, in the worst case, even slip down.
Ladies' swimwear comes in countless varieties. The most common is probably the bikini and the swimming costume. However, there are not only these two. There are far more types of swimwear.
For example, there is the monokini. This is cut similarly to a swimming costume, but the side parts of the fabric are cut out. So only a small piece of fabric connects the top to the bottom.
Another type of swimwear is the tankini. Similar to a bikini, this consists of trousers and a top. The top of a tankini is sleeveless and covers the stomach area like a tank top. This is where the name comes from.
The colour of the swimwear plays a big role. It should always be chosen according to the skin tone.
For example, lighter skin types, so delicate pastel colours are particularly suitable. Light blue and pink are beautiful, and coral and powder shades are also suitable for fair skin types. The colours resemble the skin colour and thus make you look more tanned.
If you are a darker skin type, bright colours are best for you. Neon will also suit you. The luminosity of the power will make your skin look even more tanned.
Swimwear for women: The most important questions answered
To make sure you don't make any mistakes before buying your swimwear, we've picked out the most important questions for you here.
What styles of swimwear are available for women?
There are no limits to the styles of swimwear for women. They come in different shapes and fits. We have listed the most common ones for you here.
- Triangle and bandeau bikinis: This style of swimwear is especially suitable for women with small breasts. The triangle bikini with delicate straps supports the small breast to make it look voluminous. But strapless bandeau bikinis also emphasise the small breasts of petite women.
- Underwire & pre-shaped cups: For women with more breasts, swimwear with pre-shaped cups and a supportive underwire is suitable. The additional support keeps the bust in shape and gives the breasts enough support. In addition, they set the décolleté perfectly in scene.
- Zipper: Swimwear with a zipper on the top are well suited for women with larger bust sizes. Unlike the tie tops, the bust is adequately held in place and cannot slip out of place.
- Trousers: The more inconspicuous the bikini bottoms, the better! If you want to cheat a little with your problem zones, trousers in plain colours, dark colours or discreet prints are suitable. In addition, the swimwear bottoms should always have a slightly higher leg cut. This visually stretches the leg. Thin bands on the trousers should be avoided, as they could cut into the hips.
- Retro bikinis: Retro bikini swimwear gives you the opportunity to cheat away a small belly. The high-cut trousers conceal the tummy and create an optical effect. There is now even swimwear with a snape function. However, this style of swimwear will not be comfortable.
The types of swimwear mentioned above are suitable for every woman. However, the criteria of one's own body shape and statue should also be taken into account here.
Which size of swimwear for women is suitable for me?
Not every woman is the same size. So, at best, there must be a suitable size for every body shape and for every bust size. The sizes of swimwear are either given in the classic ready-to-wear size or in the international version in letters. If you choose swimwear with a top, these are often given in cup sizes. The trouser size is the conventional clothing size.
To find your perfect size, you should measure your bust, hips and waist in advance. You can easily do this with a tape measure.
Which women's swimwear is suitable for my type?
Not all swimwear is suitable for every woman. So that you know which shape you should choose and which type you are, we have listed all the swimwear fits and the corresponding criteria here.
- A-shape: suitable for wide hips and a slim torso
- H-shape: suitable for equally wide shoulders and hips
- O-shape: is ideal for a curvy waist and hips
- X-shape: if you have a narrow waist but wide hips and shoulders
- Y-shape: is suitable for broad shoulders, narrow waist and hips
You should therefore consider in advance which of these body shapes applies to you. You should choose your swimwear accordingly.
How can I wash my women's swimwear?
Most women's swimwear is easy to care for and can easily be washed in a conventional washing machine. However, you should still check the swimwear's washing label before washing to see if the material is really suitable for the washing machine.
Styling tips for women's swimwear: How to achieve the perfect swimwear look
To help you achieve the pearly swimwear look, here are a few tips on how to set the scene for your swimwear.
- The swimwear can also be super refined with accessories.
- A small anklet makes the swimwear look elegant.
- A tunic can also be worn over the swimwear, which only slightly covers the swimwear.
- A light scarf can be tied at the hips.
- Stylish open-toed shoes enhance the swimwear look.
As you can see, your swimwear can be enhanced with simple accessories and scarves. This way you are sure to be the eye-catcher at the beach or in the swimming pool.
Swimwear for women is wearable for every woman. Even for women who have supposed problem zones, there are possible variations to wear the swimwear confidently and to show yourself in it.
Once you have found the right fit, nothing should stand between you and your new swimwear. Whether in bright pink, plain white, animal print or with frills and blooms. With such a wide selection of swimwear, there's sure to be something to suit you.
Image source: Unsplash / Malik Skydsgaard