Whether on a winter walk or on the way to work, thermal socks for women offer the ideal solution against cold feet. Especially on cold and wet winter or autumn days, thermal socks help to keep your feet warm and thus avoid the ice feet that are so well known, especially among women.
Thanks to the mostly soft material, thermal socks are comfortable to wear. Depending on the model, your feet will be protected from the cold at outdoor temperatures of up to -10 degrees Celsius. Everything you need to know about thermal socks for women is explained in the following section.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Women's Thermal Socks: Our Picks
- 3 Thermal socks for women: The most important questions answered
- 4 Conclusion
The Best Women's Thermal Socks: Our Picks
Thermal socks for women: The most important questions answered
To help you find the ideal warmers for your feet, we answer the most important questions about women's thermal socks below.
What types of women's thermal socks are there?
- Down to -10 degrees Celsius: For long stays in cold environments, you should definitely go for super warm thermal knee socks for women. Anglers and hunters in particular often stay outside with little movement. To stay warm, as much body surface as possible should be insulated. Since knee socks also cover the calves and thus retain more heat, you can stay outside with warm feet for a longer period of time even in low temperatures.
- Down to -7 degrees Celsius: Extra thick thermal socks for women are ideal for activities on cold winter days. These are available in normal sock height or calf-length. The thick inner padding of the socks creates an air cushion around your foot, which can insulate your body heat for a long time. In order for this air cushion to form, you should definitely make sure that there is enough room in your shoes for these socks.
- Down to -5 degrees Celsius: Thermal work socks with inner terry are particularly durable and breathable, making them very suitable as work socks on cold days. Here, too, a thick air cushion forms which, together with the right footwear, keeps your feet warm even when you are not very physically active.
- Up to 0 degrees Celsius: Thermo knee socks made of cotton keep your legs and feet warm when you are waiting for the bus or cycling, for example. The inner terry cloth ensures a high level of wearing comfort. The high insulating function of the thermal socks ensures pleasantly warm feet, but they are not too warm to stay in a heated room with them for longer. These thermal socks for women are also suitable as cosy house socks.
- Up to +5 degrees Celsius: Thermal socks with cotton are ideal for keeping your feet warm, especially in cold, wet weather. Here, too, it is important that your footwear offers enough space for the socks. These women's thermal socks are usually also equipped with a light inner lining, which not only warms your feet but also ensures a high level of comfort.
To avoid cold women's feet, the diverse selection of thermal socks offers the ideal solution. In any case, it is important that your footwear offers enough space for an air cushion to form. This insulates your body heat and thus keeps even the coldest feet warm.
What materials are thermal socks for women made of?
Thermal socks for women are basically made of three materials:
- Cotton: This natural fibre is very breathable, durable and can absorb large amounts of moisture. In addition, the material is pleasant on the feet. In addition, cotton has a low allergy potential.
- Pure new wool: Pure new wool can also absorb a lot of moisture and transport it away well. Pure new wool usually dries faster than other materials. In addition, this material offers a high level of wearing comfort as well as good thermal insulation.
- Synthetic fibres: Thermal socks made of synthetic fibres are particularly hard-wearing and durable. The material is breathable and wicks moisture away well. Synthetic fibres also usually offer a high level of wearing comfort.
Most thermal socks for women are made of several of these materials to ensure the highest possible wearing comfort.
How do I clean and care for my women's thermal socks?
Ladies in particular often suffer from icy feet. Thermal socks for women are the ideal solution to keep even the coldest women's feet warm, regardless of the outside temperature. Thermal socks for women come in many different shapes and colours, but design should not be your only decision criterion.
To ensure maximum warmth for your feet, the thermal socks should definitely have enough room in your footwear to form the insulating air cushion. Depending on how long you want (or need) to stay outside in low temperatures, the thermal socks should also cover your calf to be able to keep more body surface warm.
(Image source: Alex Geerts / Unsplash)