Work shoes are essential for every working day and should therefore be comfortable and functional. For a woman, it is also important not only to have practical shoes, but also to have beautiful work shoes. Women's work shoes are usually narrower and smaller, so they need adapted work shoes in contrast to men's work shoes.
No matter what industry you are in from kitchen to nursing you can find a variety of styles to suit you. Work shoes for women are not only practical and comfortable, but can also be chic or sporty. So women's work shoes are not only a necessity, but also a real statement piece fashion-wise.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 The Best Womens Workshoes: Our Picks
- 3 Buying criteria: What to look for when buying women's work shoes
- 4 Women's work shoes: The most important questions answered
- 5 Conclusion
The Best Womens Workshoes: Our Picks
Buying criteria: What to look for when buying women's work shoes
Comfortable and practical work shoes are essential for everyone. But they should also be comfortable and of high quality. However, you should pay attention to a few criteria to ensure that you get quality work shoes. These are the following buying criteria:
- Safety class
- Closure type
Below you will find out what to look for so that you can choose the perfect work shoes.
There are different safety classes for different work areas. Shoes with safety grades have different properties, they are also called safety shoes. The work shoes have different properties. Below we explain the safety grades so that you know the functions and properties.
- Work shoes with safety category S1 are closed, have a protective cap for the toes, are fuel repellent and antistatic. All other safety levels have all the properties of S1 and then additional functions.
- SP1 women's work shoes not only have all the features of S1, but also a puncture-resistant sole. The P is an additional indication which always indicates that the sole is puncture-resistant.
- Work shoes with the S2 marking are suitable for damp surfaces, as they are water resistant for up to 60 minutes in addition to the S1 function.
- Safety class S3 is characterised by a puncture-resistant sole and a profiled outsole in addition to the function of safetyclass S2.
- Women's work shoes S4 include the features of S2 and are also water resistant.
- Safety class S5 are also water resistant, have a profiled outsole and in addition to the features of S2 have a puncture resistant sole.
Furthermore, there are additional designations that have further functions, such as the designation P explained above. If you are not sure which functions your work shoes have, it is best to look at the exact information in the specifications.
You should make sure that the work shoes are comfortable to wear so that your feet do not hurt after hours of standing or walking. You should try on the work shoes and walk a few steps to see if the shoes fit properly. Tight or too big shoes can cause foot pain, so be sure to find a comfortable pair for you.
It is important to assess how robust and stable your shoes are so that they are suited to your working environment and can withstand the conditions. Here you can orientate yourself on the safety classes, but here follows the respective resistances that the work shoe can have.
- Water resistance
- Weather protection
- Oil and petrol resistance
- Static resistance
Here you should see which property suits you and which you need for your everyday work. Water resistance is also generally very suitable for autumn or winter and could be an advantage for everyone in these seasons.
There are many different materials that the shoes can be made of. Work shoes made of natural materials or genuine leather are comfortable and perfect for walking in for hours. Rubber, PVC or even neoprene are water repellent and usually slip resistant. These are suitable for outdoors on damp or wet floors. There are other materials that your work shoes can be made of. The design, colour or model of the shoes can also determine which pair of shoes you prefer.
The type of closure varies according to preference and functionality. Classic and very common is the lacing. Here you have the option of deciding how tight or loose you want the pair of shoes to be in order to adjust to a good level of comfort. There is also the zip and velcro closure, which is practical and comfortable because it is quick to put on and take off.
Women's shoes are usually narrower and smaller than men's shoes. It is important to pay attention not only to the size, but also to how narrow or wide the shoe is. If the shoes are too wide, insoles can help to tighten the shoes and make them fit better. For wide feet, it is recommended to get shoes that are marked as extra wide.
Women's work shoes: The most important questions answered
There is a wide range of women's work shoes, so many questions arise on this topic. Below we have listed and answered the most important questions.
For which profession do I need women's work shoes?
You should find out what safety class your shoes need to be so that you are properly protected in your everyday work and can choose the right shoes. Safety footwear is required as protective clothing for occupational sectors such as construction, agriculture, emergency services, crafts, mass production and catering for chefs.
Here you must adhere to the specified safety classes in order to be protected at work, however if it is not necessary to wear safety shoes in your industry you should still look at the criteria listed above to find quality, beautiful and comfortable work shoes.
What types of shoes are available for women's work shoes?
- Sneakers are very comfortable and are ideal for sporty ladies. They come in all kinds of colours and designs and there are also sneakers with safety level S1 to S 2. Therefore, these sporty and comfortable sneakers are also available with protection for work, so that you can also feel comfortable at work. If you walk a lot, sneakers are excellent due to their comfortable feel.
- Furthermore, popular work shoes are also clogs because you can put them on easily and practically. They are also light and comfortable on the feet. They are often used in the health sector because they are layered and closed at the front. There are also many models that are non-slip, which makes everyday work in this field much easier.
- Boots are good in the autumn and winter season because they keep you warm and protect you from rain. That is why they are often found as safety models, because they are robust in wet ground. There are not only simple boots, but many fashionable and chic variants for work, such as Chelsea boots or ankle boots that are suitable in the business sector to avoid freezing to death in high heels in winter. Rubber boots are also great for muddy and wet ground to protect your feet.
There are many other types of shoes that may suit your profession as well, these particular three types are not only suitable as a pair of work shoes, but they are also available with safety markings. This is a great advantage for anyone who is not only looking for comfortable and quality safety shoes, but also wants beautiful work shoes.
How do you clean your women's work shoes properly?
With leather material, dried dirt can usually be brushed off with a brush. If the dirt is still wet, it is best to wipe it away carefully with a damp cloth. For rubber boots or soles with rubber, it is best to clean with a shoe brush and water to remove the dirt. For cotton, we recommend using a little baking soda and water to remove stubborn dirt.
How do you care for your women's work shoes properly?
It is therefore advisable to change the shoes so that they can dry thoroughly. In the case of leather shoes, it is important to apply cream to the shoes to keep them shiny and to prevent dirt from sticking to them. For shoes made of a textile material, such as sneakers, regular impregnation helps to make the shoes last longer and also protects them from water.
What insoles can you use for your women's work shoes?
Women's work shoes don't just have to be functional, they can be comfortable and chic to make everyday work easier. Especially for women, there is a lot of room to choose between colour, design, but also function. With work shoes you will find your perfect companion for work, whether in the office, in the workshop or in the laboratory. You will find the right pair with the appropriate functions and safety.
Image source: Unsplash.com / Christina @ wocintechchat.com