Today we are going to talk about one of the indispensable cosmetics for those who want to keep their skin young for longer: the cream for wrinkles. As time goes by, our skin feels the effects of aging and that is inevitable. However, nowadays, with the evolution of science, products like the cream for wrinkles are more and more effective. Whether to prevent wrinkles or attenuate the expression lines of the face, today there are several options for wrinkle cream. In this article we will show you how to choose the most suitable for you.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 First of all, the most important things
- 3 Best Wrinkle Cream: Our Picks
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 Purchase criteria: What to take into account when choosing wrinkle cream
First of all, the most important things
- Wrinkle cream does not work miracles, but if used daily, it is effective in preventing and smoothing wrinkles on the skin.
- Nowadays there are several creams available, with different properties, for every skin type and age.
- To choose the ideal one for you, it is necessary to consider both personal characteristics and components of the wrinkle cream formula.
Best Wrinkle Cream: Our Picks
With so many different options on the market, choosing the right wrinkle cream for you can be a challenge. More than price and brand, you need to consider your skin type, your age and other factors. To help you through this process, we've created this Buying Guide. Here you'll find everything you need to know to choose the right wrinkle cream for you.
What is a wrinkle cream?
Wrinkles are natural signs of the skin, which appear over the years on all of us. They appear due to repeated movements of the facial muscles in combination with excessive sun exposure, pollution, smoking and other factors. Therefore, wrinkles appear mainly in exposed areas such as the face, neck, hands and arms. To prevent and reduce their appearance, there are several skin treatments. The least invasive and most accessible is wrinkle cream, which is nothing more than a combination of substances and vitamins that hydrate, tone, revitalise and protect the skin.
The fact is, if not treated properly, wrinkles can become deep and have colour variations. The good news is that, despite being inevitable, wrinkles can and should be prevented and mitigated. This requires a set of actions that will protect and care for your skin. Among these actions are procedures that take care of the skin from the inside out, such as healthy eating, good nights' sleep and hydration. Allied to this, external treatments are recommended, such as the use of sunscreen and wrinkle cream.
Wrinkles appear due to repetitive movements of the facial muscles in combination with excessive exposure to the sun, pollution and smoking.
Dermatologists recommend that the use of wrinkle cream should be started from the age of 30, when the signs of skin aging start to be noticed. Generally, the smoothness and softness on the skin are felt as soon as the moisturiser is applied. But it takes time, which can last up to four weeks, for the wrinkle smoothing effects to be felt with the use of the cream. The recommendation of the experts is that you should use the wrinkle cream for at least three months on a daily basis.
What are the advantages of wrinkle cream?
Wrinkle cream, when used every day from the age of 30, has great advantages. Although the formula of each cream varies according to the manufacturer, there are benefits that are common to most of them. We will talk more in depth about the wrinkle cream formula in the Purchase Criteria. Wrinkle cream, in general, unifies skin tone, stimulates collagen production, restores firmness and elasticity to the skin, moisturizes, providing softness and delays the appearance of wrinkles. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj7mTWShrza/ But the anti-wrinkle cream also has some disadvantages. The main one is that using it in large quantities can cause irritation to the skin. In addition, if you choose a wrinkle cream that is not suitable for your skin type, consequences such as acne, spots and allergies may also occur. Below you can see the table with the main advantages and disadvantages of the cream for wrinkles.
Purchase criteria: What to take into account when choosing wrinkle cream
To buy a good wrinkle cream you should read the product label and look for the substances that will be effective in preventing or alleviating wrinkles. In addition, you must follow the recommendation for use according to the age group and your age. But not always this information is exposed on the product label to help you identify these points, we have listed below the main factors you should consider before buying the wrinkle cream.
Below, we will detail each of these factors so that you can buy the wrinkle cream that will meet your expectations.
Age is one of the first factors you should consider before buying a wrinkle cream. This is because the skin of a 30 year old, for example, will not need the same cosmetics as the skin of a 50 year old woman and vice versa. And also because of this, each cream will have different components in its formula, effective for different age groups. Most often, the recommended age range for use will be on the box displayed on the box of the wrinkle cream. But, as this is not a rule, we list below the substances that should contain in the wrinkle cream according to your age:
- 20 to 30: if you want to start using your wrinkle cream early, opt for those that contain vitamin C in their formula. Vitamin C prevents the signs of aging, whitens, brightens, is antioxidant and stimulates collagen production.
- After 30: choose the wrinkle cream with vitamin A (retinol, retinoaldehyde and retinoic acid), which will renew the cells and stimulate collagen production.
- After 40: as at this stage the hormones start to fall, the density and firmness of the skin diminish. Therefore, use products with vitamin A, with peptides or sodium derivatives.
- After 50: at this age, the signs of aging become more apparent and it is necessary to use more powerful tensing creams.
As well as the age range, it is important that you consider your skin type so that you can buy a wrinkle cream that will be effective. This will prevent you from buying a product that won't deliver results and will also prevent irritation, acne, blemishes and other skin problems. After all, if your skin is oily, for example, a wrinkle cream that contains oil will cause even more damage to it.
The recommendation of use according to the type of skin usually comes exposed on the label of the anti-wrinkle cream. But for you to have an idea, we list below the substances that should contain or not in your wrinkle cream according to your skin type.
- Dry skin: it is prone to premature aging, so you should opt for wrinkle creams that increase hydration, oil-based, with hyaluronic acid and sun protection.
- Oily skin: in this case, choose an oil-free cream. Prefer a gel wrinkle cream with mild formulas.
- Sensitive skin: if your skin is sensitive, buy a hypoallergenic and fragrance-free wrinkle cream.
After identifying what is most effective for your age and skin type, it's time to take a closer look at the formula of your wrinkle cream. Amidst so many substances present in the wrinkle cream, there are some that are essential for you to get the desired result. https://www.instagram.com/p/BttXieOnkEV/ According to dermatologists, there are at least four main substances that should be in the formula of the anti-wrinkle cream: Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, retinol and sun protection. These components combined have the power to keep skin firm, wrinkle-free, hydrated and spot-free. Check out the action of each one of them on your skin:
- Vitamin C: antioxidant that acts as photo protector; it has healing action, it is whitening and stimulates collagen synthesis.
- Hyaluronic acid: exists in our organism with the function of hydrating, but decreases after the age of 25.
- Retinol: renews the cells and stimulates the formation of collagen; derived from vitamin A, it is efficient in combating wrinkles and spots, but can irritate the skin. The ideal is that you have the accompaniment of a specialist to use this substance.
- Sun protection: protect the skin from the effects of UV rays.
You should also note whether the wrinkle cream of your choice contains preservatives that can irritate your skin. Experts recommend that you opt for products that are hypoallergenic; non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic (which prevent against acne); and paraben-free (a substance that causes skin irritation).
(Source of the highlighted image: roboriginal / 123RF)