Picking out the best underwear for your special day is not an easy task. Most people do not even think about this until they get engages and the date gets closer and closer. You need to pick out a pair of underwear that you and your husband-to-be are going to love and, if you are a perfectionist, that matches your dress. Some people prefer lace underwear, while others like lingerie. Some even choose funny panties with a message to the groom. There are many possibilities, and we are here to help you. In the following shopping guide and review, we will talk about bridal underwear and how you can choose the best pair for you and your husband-to-be. So, are you ready?
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Key Facts
- 3 Our Selection: The Best Bridal Underwear
- 4 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Bridal Underwear
- 4.1 What type of lingerie can I wear under my wedding dress?
- 4.2 What accessories can I use with bridal underwear?
- 4.3 What lingerie should I purchase according to my wedding dress?
- 4.4 What bra should I use if my wedding dress is backless?
- 4.5 What color should my bridal underwear be?
- 4.6 How do I purchase underwear online without trying it on first?
- 4.7 What are the do's and don'ts when it comes to purchasing bridal underwear?
- 5 Shopping Criteria
- 6 Summary
- Before going out and buying the first pair of underwear you see, you should understand the different choices that you have on the market. There are thongs, bras, panties, corsets, bralettes, and more! The style that you choose will depend on your body type, your dress, and what you like the best.
- The worst mistake that you can make is choosing your underwear before buying your wedding dress. You should pick out your bridal underwear based on the dress that you choose. We will go over the different types of underwear and bras that you can choose from according to your dress type later on in the article.
- At the end of the article in the section titled "Shopping Criteria," we will go over some important factors that you should keep in mind when choosing your bridal underwear. Stay tuned!
Our Selection: The Best Bridal Underwear
When there are so many options available on the market, choosing out the best underwear for your big day can be exciting but a bit overwhelming. To help you with your purchase, we have made a list of our favorite products online.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Bridal Underwear
Any and every decision you make about your wedding can be fun, interesting, and exciting but also extremely overwhelming. We understand the pressure that you might feel, this day is very special for both you, the groom and everyone involved. We imagine that you may have tons of doubts about which underwear or bra to choose for your wedding day. To clear these doubts, in the following shopping guide, we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions from shoppers like you. By the end of this article, you should be an expert!
What type of lingerie can I wear under my wedding dress?
- Bralettes: This type of lingerie is similar to traditional bras. The difference is that they do not have any filling or metal rods like in the old days. To help you understand more, a bralette is like a cross-bread of a crop top and a bra. They are extremely comfortable.
- One piece: This is all of the lingerie you need in only one piece. This design is similar to a one-piece swimsuit.
- Culottes: Although most people consider thongs to be the sexiest underwear out there, culottes are extremely underrated and also quite sensual. They are great to wear under your dress.
- Corset: This type of undergarment reshapes your character and can give you a sexy look. The downside to corsets is that they can be uncomfortable for some girls.
What accessories can I use with bridal underwear?
You should also consider how big you want the garter to be. Some people prefer thicker garters, while others like thinner, more delicate models. The choice is yours. Make sure to get one that comes with a metal broach. This will make sure that it stays closed and is much better than plastic.
What lingerie should I purchase according to my wedding dress?
|Type of Dress||Bra||Panties||Other Garments|
|Mermaid Wedding Dress||A seamless bra that will give you shape.||Nude-color, seamless thong or culottes.||One piece.|
|Princess Wedding Dress||Push-up bra.||Panties with lace or rhinestones.||Corset.|
|Empire Court Wedding Dress||Push-up bra.||Non-transparent, soft panties.||Avoid corsets or other underwear that may show up through the dress.|
What bra should I use if my wedding dress is backless?
- Adhesive Bra: This type of bra is usually disposable and come in a pack that includes more than one. If you buy from a good brand, this bra will stick right to your skin and will give you the support that you need.
- Multi-position Bra: These bras have a new design that allows you to put the straps in different positions. The advantage of this type of bra is that you can use it for other occasions besides just your wedding day.
- Silicone Pads: We only recommend that you use this type of bra if you are very slender and do not require too much support. These pads stick to your skin, hiding the nipples so that they won't show through the dress.
- One-piece: This is an excellent option, as it will give you support and comfort.
What color should my bridal underwear be?
To avoid any unwanted surprises, consider a nude color instead of plain white. If you want to experiment more with the style of your underwear, look for intricate designs, instead of experimenting with the color. Keep in mind that light-color underwear can be very sensual.
How do I purchase underwear online without trying it on first?
- Know your size beforehand. Take your favorite bra and underwear and check the size. Measure them if you have to. This will give you a better idea of what size you need to purchase when shopping online.
- Choose a product that comes with a lot of information. Generally, more serious and professional manufacturers will include lots of details that will help you decide if you want that product or not.
- Buy one or more sizes if you are extremely worried and you are not sure which one will be better for you.
What are the do's and don'ts when it comes to purchasing bridal underwear?
|Purchase your lingerie after purchasing your wedding dress.||Make sure to buy high-quality underwear for your big day.|
|Make sure that the underwear or bra offers you support. After all, you will probably be dancing a lot.||Keep in mind that your body is always changing. Therefore, don't buy your bridal underwear too far ahead of time.|
|Buy underwear that is true to your style and personality instead of just getting what everyone else likes.||Try not to buy intricate designs that you have never used before.|
Sometimes it is difficult to find the perfect product, especially for your big day. We know that choosing bridal underwear, or anything for your wedding, can be exciting but stressful. If you have gotten to this part of the article, you are probably still considering purchasing your underwear online. This is amazing news. However, there are still some factors that you need to keep in mind when making your purchase to make the best choice possible. In the following section, we will list these shopping criteria and go into detail about each one.
It is your big day. You need to look great, of course, but comfort is key. You do not want to end up purchasing itchy underwear that makes you regret your choice. Don't go too crazy with the design and read the other users' comments and reviews.
When choosing the best bridal underwear for your big day, you should also think about what it is made out of. You should choose a high-quality material that will make you feel as comfortable as possible. The material will also depend on what type of wedding you have. If you have a Summer wedding outside, you should consider purchasing cotton or silk underwear that will keep you feeling cool. If you find yourself in this situation, avoid synthetic materials like nylon.
As we mentioned before, corsets or bodices are two of the most common types of lingerie for brides. If you are going to buy one, make sure to buy a model made out of satin. If your wedding dress is made out of silk, you should choose a smooth pair of underwear that will not show through the dress.
Many brides make the error of purchasing their underwear before the wedding dress. This is not how you should do it. You should always buy your bridal underwear considering the dress that you have. It should match the dress and make you feel comfortable in it. If you have a word-of-honor dress, for example, you should purchase underwear that keeps everything in place or even a corset.
If, on the other hand, you purchase a wedding dress with a V-neck, think about a bra that will not show. If the neckline is much higher than a V-neck, you have more freedom about the bra that you choose. If you buy a princess-style dress, think about getting a push-up bra.
Thank you for reading our article all the way through. You are now an expert on bridal underwear! We understand that you want your wedding day to be perfect. We are now confident that you are ready to get out and purchase the best pair of bridal underwear for you. Now, it's up to you. So, what are you waiting for?
(Source of Featured Image: Cherkashyn: 95123348/ 123rf.com)