When we become parents, especially for the first time, small tasks can easily become overwhelming. There are times when we wish we had multiple hands to get everything done. One of our most difficult tasks is taking care of our baby's hygiene, as it seems everything gets stained.
Changing pad covers have come into our lives to make things much easier. Thanks to these handy products, keeping the changing table clean will no longer be an expensive task, and we can enjoy more moments with our child without worries. What happens if it gets stained? You can throw it in the washing machine and it comes out brand new!
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Key Facts
- 3 Our Selection of the Best Changing Pad Cover
- 4 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Changing Pad Covers
- 5 Is it safe to use a cover for my baby's changing table?
- 6 Shopping Criteria
- 7 Summary
- Bathing and changing your baby is a special moment between parents and children, but many times we are not prepared for the unexpected, and our baby might escape while we are changing them. Now, everything is easier with a changing pad cover!
- These covers are very affordable and are easy to use, as they can be washed in the washing machine and reused several times. It is recommended to have at least 3 at home and change them each week.
- Before purchasing a changing pad cover, it is important to take certain factors into account, such as the type of changing table and the material it is made from, so we can always be sure we are making the right purchase
Our Selection of the Best Changing Pad Cover
We love buying little things for our babies and preparing as much as possible. However there are times when the wide variety of products makes it difficult for us to choose what is best. So this does not happen for you with changing pad covers, we have selected the best options on the market:
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Changing Pad Covers
Normally, when we buy items that affect our child's hygiene, we are recommended to get a cover for our baby's changing pad. Why? Mainly, it helps it last longer and makes it more comfortable for your baby. In the next section, we will answer some of your most frequently asked questions about changing pad covers.
What is a baby changing table and why do I need a cover?
There are different types of baby changing tables, which you can choose from based on your personal tastes and needs. It is important to know the different types to be able to buy a cover that suits the changing table that you already have, so that it pairs well and fits comfortably, both for us and for your child.
- Inflatable changer: these are usually made of plastic and are ideal to take anywhere easily and comfortably. You only have to inflate and deflate it every time you use it.
- Changing table with a crib: Widely used for its practicality, since it comes in a crib and usually includes some drawers for storing clothes and diapers.
- Furniture changer: This type of changer is very similar to the previous one. It is placed on a dresser with with drawers so you have everything you need when changing the baby.
- Bathtub changer: One of the most used today, this changing table is composed of a small bathtub on which the changing area is placed.
With the exception of the inflatable changing table, the rest can be fitted with covers. The use of a cover for the baby changing table is essential to make the baby comfortable while you change them, as well as increase the use of the mattress, since they are normally covered in plastic and can wear easily.
Can you put changing pad covers on all baby changing pads?
However, just because there are covers for all changers does not mean that they are all the same. You need to make sure that both items complement each other and fit together nicely. To make sure of this, take into account the size, so that the cover is well adjusted.
What are the advantages of using a cover for a baby changing table?
- Using a cover for your babies changing table allows you to always have it available, since if it becomes stained, you can just wash the cover and continue using the changing table normally.
- The materials that the covers are made from are respectful of the babies skin and prevent allergic reactions, something that cannot be said of the plastic materials that the mattress on the changing tables is made out of.
- These materials are specifically designed to prevent the baby from slipping while they are being changed, which helps keep them safe.
- Finally, with the use of covers you can increase the durability of the mattress, which tend to be seared down very easily. All you need to do is change the cover!
It seems that the benefits of using a cover for the baby's changing table are obvious. Not only for the comfort of the baby but also for you as a parent. With covers, we can relax knowing that we are prepared for anything.
Is it safe to use a cover for my baby's changing table?
When we use the changer, we might be worried that our little one will slip and fall. By adding a cover, we may think that this will increase that risk. This, however, is not true. The covers are made of non slip materials, specifically made to avoid this.
So you can be calm in knowing this when it comes to changing your baby. Naturally, we met always take certain precautions when it comes to covers. For example, we must be careful not to fit them too loosely, since the extra cloth can increase the risk of the child slipping.
Can the changing pad cover be washed in the washing machine?
Also, take note that many changing pad covers also allow machine drying, without shrinking or deteriorating. Ideally, you want a cover that can be washed with no problems, since we want to make sure it is ready to be quickly used again and again.
How often should I replace the cover of my baby's changing table?
We must also keep in mind that the changing table can become the ideal environment for bacteria if it is not kept properly clean. Therefore, using the same cover for more than a week without cleaning can be harmful for the babies skin.
How do you put on a changing pad cover?
It really cannot be much easier! The most important thing is that you secure the cover to the mattress so that it does not move while you are changing the baby. Also, you need to avoid bagginess and wrinkles to ensure maximum safety for your child.
How many changing pad covers should I have?
This way, if one is stained and is in the washing machine, we can quickly put on a new one and the changer is ready to use. And why not have a third just in case? It may also be that the second one you use might get stained as well!
When buying a cover for our baby's changing table, you should take into account several aspects that will be crucial to purchase the right product. Here are the most important purchasing criteria to serve as a guide:
Type of Changer
We have motioned that there is a variety of changers out there. Therefore, this should be the first criteria that you consider when looking to buy a cover for your baby's changing table. The ability of the cover to properly fit the changer is essential.
It may seem silly, but it could happen that you buy a case that you like and it doesn't fit the changer. To avoid finding ourselves in this situation, it is best to know what type of changer you are using it for. This will help you make the right purchase.
The baby's skin will be in content with the cover whenever you use it. Recently, the most popular materials have been eco friendly fabrics, as they are fresher and allow the baby's skin to breathe. There are also waterproof covers made of plastic or cotton.
We know that there are few things more delicate than our little one's skin, which is why these covers specially designed to be comfortable for your baby. Normally, very soft textile fibers are used which also helps to prevent slipping.
The functionality criteria is mainly related to the type of material and what we want to be using the cover for. For example, there are changing pad covers that are waterproof. These covers are very useful when we dress our children after bathing, so we do not ruin the cover.
There are also covers that are very absorbent, so that the baby will not be lying on a wet surface. Finally, there are disposable covers, which are very practical to use on the go and carry in your bag. This is useful for when you change your baby in public bathrooms. So, the choice really comes down to individual needs.
There are several different options when it comes to colors. When we choose a cover for our baby's changing table, we should be aware that this will be the most visible part of the set up. Therefore, you should take into account the design of the cover so that it will match the rest of the furniture you have in the nursery. Luckily, there is a huge variety of solids and prints.
Pediatricians recommend using covers with striking drawings. This way, the baby will be entertained while you are changing them and be distracter with the colors and shapes around them. The more comfortable the baby feels on the changing table, the better.
Using a cover for your baby's changing table has plenty of advantages that make life easier when it comes to changing your child, both in clothes and in diapers. Today, there is a wide variety of covers that are designed for the different types of changing tables and will ensure that your baby is comfortable.
In addition, they are very affordable, which allows you to have more than one at home so that the changing table is always ready to use. They are very easy to use and can be easily washed in the washing machine. This is an accessory that is very useful for parents!
(Source of Featured Image: Evgeny Atamanenko: 51236159/ 123rf.com)