Organizing your office can be so challenging at times if you don't like to arrange spaces. We have great news for you: the desktop organizer is here! This accessory will allow you to place items like folders, files, labels, pens, clips, adhesive tape, stickers, and much more.
If you still have doubts about the actual usefulness of desktop organizers, keep reading our guide where we tell you the countless benefits that they can offer you. A desk full of wandering pens, piles of paper, and work files hinders not only your physical space but also your productivity. So let's get efficient!
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Key Facts
- 3 Our Selection: The Best Desktop Organizers
- 4 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Desktop Organizers
- 5 Buyer's Guide
- 6 Summary
- A desktop organizer saves you time searching for materials, encourages your mind to be more productive, and reduces stress.
- These accessories come in different sizes, designs, and materials.
- Knowing the number of compartments and their shapes is essential to choose the best desktop organizer for your office. You can learn all about this in the final section of our article.
Our Selection: The Best Desktop Organizers
Before we delve into the uses and benefits of desktop organizers, we have selected some of the very best models currently available on the market. All of these products have received great reviews and high ratings from past users, and their overall quality leaves nothing to be desired.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Desktop Organizers
What are desktop organizers exactly?
Why should I use a desktop organizer?
In addition, it will also help you leave a better professional impression at work. You probably know that it isn't the same to visit the office of a person who is organized as it is to visit someone whose desk is at war with itself. However, keeping a desk tidy is easier said than done – so take your time to get it right! Here are some useful tips for you:
|Clean desk||It conveys professionalism and facilitates creativity.||Limit your desk to the items you use every day. Get rid of anything without a daily purpose.|
|Less disorder||It reduces stress.||Change up your trash can by emptying it.|
|Organized desk||It helps you remember important tasks.||Use wall space to reduce desk clutter.|
|Ordered workspace||It saves you time.||All you need is 5 minutes to tidy up your desk, file your documents, and dispose of the trash.|
What are the advantages of desktop organizers?
- You can quickly find what you are looking for: You will no longer waste time searching for a document lost under a pile of odds and ends.
- You have more space on your desk: Having everything spread out on takes up too much space and reduces your comfort.
- They will increase your productivity: Concentrating on work is much easier when your desk is tidy. Clutter and piles of paper are distractions that lead you to lose focus.
- You will make a better impression on your coworkers, managers, and customers who can see your workspace.
- You will feel better: Coming to a pleasant and tidy workspace every day will affect your mood positively, and you will have fewer visual distractions.
- They will help reduce your stress levels: Being able to find what you need quickly and easily is one of the biggest perks of having a desktop organizer. And this doesn't mean that you have to be perfect, either. Disorder is a known cause of stress and anxiety because too many visual stimuli contribute to making you feel overwhelmed.
Now that you are familiar with the numerous benefits that these accessories have to offer, let's have a look at the most important purchasing criteria. While there are no drawbacks to using desktop organizers, you should know exactly what to take into account before making your purchase. The following aspects will help you choose the right model for your desk:
A desktop organizer with three file drawers isn't the same as a model with five compartments for pens only. This is why you need to pay close attention to your needs in the office. Certain organizers don't feature drawers, but they do have plenty of room to store small items like pens and clips.
You can also find stackable desktop organizers tailored to computer supplies, such as A4 and A5 sheets, notepads, and other files. Other standard models will come with various small compartments where you can place all your knick-knacks, from pens and clips to cell phones and work agendas.
You don't want your organizer to take up so much space that your computer no longer fits on your desk. Before you make any purchase, think about the space you have available and how much you want to dedicate to your organizer. Since these products are meant to optimize space, it is essential that you pick a product that won't further clutter your workspace.
The style and manufacturing material of your desktop organizer is influenced by your aesthetic choices, the combination with other decorative objects in your workspace, and by their affordability. In the table below, we have listed the most common materials used:
|Weight capacity||Medium load||Medium load||Light load|
Because you can never save too much money, some manufacturers sell desktop organizers with free samples of various office supplies – adhesive tapes, notepads, or color tag dispensers. If you can tidy up your desk and stock up on useful accessories at the same time, why not make the most of it?
The layout of the compartments and their design aren't aspects that you should overlook when picking your brand-new desktop organizer. You can find open slots or drawers with lids to fit your preferences and needs. Open compartments give you easy access to your supplies, but a drawer will have your desk looking extra tidy. Think about what you need and choose accordingly.
We guarantee that having a tidier desk will greatly benefit you at work or in your home office. In the latter case, your family will also appreciate having an ordered space to sit down and work. A desktop organizer will truly make everyone happier, including yourself.
The time has come for you to choose the right desktop organizer for your office supplies and your particular desk. Make sure to take the time to analyze every option available, as there is a wide range of products on the market. With everything you have learned throughout this article, you have more than enough information to pick the best organizer for you.
How did your purchase go? Let us know by leaving a comment in the section below. If this guide on desktop organizers was useful to you, feel free to share it on your social media so that others can also make the most of these wonderful accessories.
(Source of featured image: Katarzyna Białasiewicz: 85388947/ 123rf.com)