Toddlers who are tired from romping and playing and therefore no longer like to walk are a thing of the past with the Lascal Buggy Board. The buggy board can be easily attached to almost any pram. The large and non-slip surface provides the child with a secure hold on the buggy board.
Thanks to the large wheels and the wide platform, you can walk behind the buggy board without any problems. The board can be separated from the buggy at the touch of a button. The Max-COMFORT™ suspension system makes the board feel like a cloud. Because it just glides, over bumps and curbs. In addition, the board can be pimped out with a specially designed saddle and thus offer a seat for the child.
With our big Lascal Buggy Board Test 2021 we want to introduce you to this buggy board. We show you the most important information about the different models, as well as what we think are the most important aspects to consider when buying. We hope that this will make your purchase decision a little easier and that you won't want to do without the Lascal Buggy Board once you've made your purchase. Enjoy reading.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Lascal Buggy Board in the United Kingdom: Our Choices
- 4 Buying and evaluation criteria for Lascal Buggy Board
- 5 Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a Lascal buggy board
- 5.1 What makes Lascal Buggy Board different from other manufacturers?
- 5.2 What other articles does Lascal offer?
- 5.3 Are spare parts available for the Lascal Buggy Board?
- 5.4 At what prices are Lascal buggy boards sold?
- 5.5 What alternatives are there to the Lascal Buggy Board?
- 5.6 How do I assemble my Lascal Buggy Board correctly?
- Lascal offers 3 different models of buggy boards. The BuggyBoard Mini, the BuggyBoard Maxi and the BuggyBoard Maxi+. The differences between the Mini and the Maxi are the size of the standing area and the possibility of mounting an additional saddle. The only difference between the Maxi and Maxi+ is the saddle, which is included with the Maxi+.
- BuggyBoards are a kind of kickboard that you can easily fix behind a pram and thus transport a second child. When not in use, the board can simply be pulled upwards and fixed in place.
- The buggy boards from Lascal are very popular due to the wide range of colours, the high safety standard and the fair price. In addition to an anti-slip mat on the standing surface, the wheels are equipped with reflective lettering.
The Best Lascal Buggy Board in the United Kingdom: Our Choices
Buying and evaluation criteria for Lascal Buggy Board
Lascal Buggy Board is available in a wide variety of designs. The individual product variants can be distinguished according to the following criteria:
The following paragraphs explain what is important in the individual criteria.
The saddle weighs about 1.13 kg, but can be easily dismantled. There is not much difference in weight. The 3 BuggyBoards are not very different. The only noticeable difference, which of course is also reflected in the weight, is the saddle.
This has been specially designed for the BuggyBoard and is characterised by its stability, design and, of course, safety. The table below shows the weight of the board without saddle and with saddle.
|Lascal||BuggyBoard Mini||1.8 Kg|
|ABC Design||Kiddie Ride On 2||2.2 Kg|
|Lascal||BuggyBoard Maxi+||3.9 Kg|
|ABC Design||Kiddie Ride On 2||3.7 Kg|
In the table above you can see the approximate weight of the two boards without and with seat. We have also taken a product from another brand for a weight comparison.
The 3 buggy boards vary in size depending on the model. In addition, the Maxi+ has an additional saddle, which makes the board much taller, assuming the saddle is included. In our case, we focused on the area of the board's footprint.
The size of the BuggyBoard Mini is 41.2 x 23.5 x 7 cm, and it can be fixed between a space of 26 and 50 cm.
The size of the BuggyBoard Maxi and Maxi+ is 50.2 x 45.7 x 43.2 cm, in addition it can be fixed between a space of 31 to 54 cm.
Lascal's Buggy Boards are designed to fit 99% of the prams/buggies on the market.
One disadvantage is the very clear list of accessories with which Lascal's buggy boards can be upgraded. Here is a small list of the accessories for the 3 different buggy boards from Lascal:
Additional coupling, with this you can also use the board on another pram/buggy.
Additional coupling, as with the BuggyBoard Mini, there is an additional coupling for the Maxi, which can be attached to a second pram/buggy.
Extender, with which you can extend the arms to fix it better.
Saddle, which can be easily attached to the BuggyBoard so that the child can sit comfortably during the ride.
Additional hitch, as with the Maxi+ there is the option for a 2nd hitch.
Extender, this is used to extend the arms which are used to attach to the pram/buggy.
There is no uniform or simply expressed worldwide certification for buggy boards. However, each country and continent has certain safety standards that must be met in order to launch the product on the market. In order to guarantee a high level of safety, Lascal has disassembled all its buggy boards into individual parts and tested them individually for quality and stability.
In addition to the individual tests, the boards were of course also tested as a whole on pushchairs. This means that the safety standard of the Lascal buggy boards is fulfilled in accordance with REACH (EU) and CPSIA (USA) for children's products.
Guide: Questions you should ask yourself before buying a Lascal buggy board
What makes Lascal Buggy Board different from other manufacturers?
Although the Lascal boards are a little heavier than other boards, they stick to the ground a little better. Also, the possibility to pull up the board and thus fix it to the pram doesn't really make the few hundred grams stand out. In terms of design, the BuggyBoards look very elegantly finished and really invite children to stand on the boards.
What other articles does Lascal offer?
Lascal offers the following products:
- KiddyGuard Avant
- KiddyGuard Accent
- KiddyGuard Assure
- m1 Carrier
- m1 Buggy
Here we go into a little more detail about these other products from Lascal.
The KiddyGuard Avant is a child safety gate with a square aluminium housing design. This allows openings of up to 120 cm to be safely protected from children. This model even comes with an automatic time-delayed locking system.
The KiddyGuard Accent, like the Avant, is a child safety gate from the Swedish manufacturer. This model comes in a rounded aluminium housing and thus appears somewhat narrower. To ensure that safety is really guaranteed, an automatic lock has been installed to prevent the gate from opening unexpectedly.
The KiddyGuard Assure is the third and last child safety gate in the Lascal range. It comes in a simple and plain design. It does not have a housing, which means that the mesh is already visible.
Toddlers start to pull themselves up on objects at about one year of age and thus take their first steps. At about one and a half years, most children can walk more or less freely and then about half a year later, at the age of 2, they can walk up the stairs for the first time. Of course, there are also children who need a little longer and can slide around on their bottoms and get everywhere quickly.
This gate can be extended up to 100 cm and was of course also built with an automatic lock.
The m1 Carrier is a very ergonomic and functional baby carrier. Thanks to its special design, the baby can easily be carried in three different positions. Firstly, in front, with the head facing outwards, and secondly, in front, with the head facing inwards, i.e. against the person carrying it. Or it can also be carried on the back with the head facing the direction of travel.
In addition to the various positions, the baby is carried in the perfect M-position.
The m1 buggy from Lascal is a very robust buggy and allows very relaxed outings. In addition to the modern design, the handles can be fixed in the way that suits you best. In addition, they can be pushed to the desired height, so that even somewhat taller people can push this buggy very comfortably.
Last but not least, the canopy can even be pulled all the way down so that the child is completely protected from all weather conditions.
Are spare parts available for the Lascal Buggy Board?
Spare parts, such as the plastic screws for fixing the bracket, are always found, but these are usually sold at an overpriced price, and the manufacturer's warranty is invalidated because the screws are not necessarily original.
At what prices are Lascal buggy boards sold?
|Mini||55 - 65 €|
|Maxi||70 - 85 €|
|Maxi+||120 - 130 €|
These prices are of course only approximate and may vary.
What alternatives are there to the Lascal Buggy Board?
Baby slings are particularly suitable for younger children, because the older they get, the heavier they are to carry. However, baby slings are great for the smaller ones.
This way, they are always with their parents and can rest at the same time.
A baby sling does not necessarily have to be very expensive. There are already inexpensive models starting at about 30 €.
A children's kickboard is of course more for older children. Kickboards are a great way for children to get some exercise and have fun. The only disadvantage is that if the child doesn't want to ride anymore, you should have space in the pram to take care of it.
How do I assemble my Lascal Buggy Board correctly?
- Fitting the wheels: Place the board on its back and push the two wheels into the two holes at the top of the board. As soon as you hear a click sound, the wheels are fixed.
- Fitting the hitch: Fit the plastic strap to the frame tube of the pushchair. Push the plastic straps through the coupling cap and tighten them by hand. Tighten the plastic straps using the coupling screw. This must be turned clockwise. As soon as the coupling no longer moves, it is properly fixed.
- Turning the arms forwards: Place the board on the wheels and turn the arms forwards by loosening the screws on both sides of the arms slightly. Once the arms are facing forward, the screws can be tightened again.
- Position the safety pins: Measure the distance between the two couplings. If the distance is 25 - 41 cm for a Mini or 31 - 43 cm for a Maxi, then fix the screws inwards. If the distance is 41 - 51 cm (Mini) or 43- 54 cm (Maxi), then the safety pins are fixed outwards.
- Fix the board: First loosen the width adjustment screws. Attach your board to the pushchair and make sure that the child has enough space between the pushchair and the board and fix it in one of the 3 holes. Click into the hitch. Finally, tighten the width adjustment screws and the board is assembled.
- Checking the functionality: Let your child stand on the board. If the child can stand comfortably and you can push the pushchair without any problems, everything is adjusted correctly. Otherwise, you will need to make a few adjustments to the board fixation. Finally, you should cut the plastic straps that stick out of the hitch as short as possible and smooth them out a bit so that you can't hurt yourself.