A high-quality mattress is the basis for a good night's sleep. With good protection, the mattress will last longer. A mattress protector is perfect for this because it offers optimal protection.
With our large mattress protector test 2021 we want to help you find the right mattress protector. We have compared the different types and listed the respective advantages and disadvantages to make your purchase decision as easy as possible.
- 1 Weekly newsletter with the best personal finance tips
- 2 Summary
- 3 The Best Mattress Protector: Our Choices
- 4 Mattress protector: buying and evaluation criteria
- 5 Mattress protector: Frequently asked questions and answers
- 6 Conclusion
- A mattress protector is a useful addition to any mattress. It is especially recommended to buy a mattress protector for new and high-quality mattresses.
- Mattress protectors serve to protect the mattress by preventing premature wear, for example. In addition, a mattress protector has a positive influence on sleep hygiene.
- When buying a mattress protector, there are various criteria to consider, such as size and material.
The Best Mattress Protector: Our Choices
Mattress protector: buying and evaluation criteria
There are many different types of mattress protectors, which makes the purchase decision much more difficult. In the following, you will find the most important criteria that you should consider when buying a mattress protector.
In summary, these are:
Mattress protectors are available in all standard sizes. You must make sure that you determine the correct size before buying, otherwise the protector can slip. The mattress protector should be the same size as the mattress so that you can cover the mattress without any problems.
Mattress protectors are not only available in standard sizes, but also in special sizes. You can also have a mattress protector made to measure.
When it comes to material, a basic distinction is made between cotton and synthetic.
- Cotton is the most popular material for mattress protectors. Cotton is very soft, breathable and can usually be washed at 60 degrees.
- Besides cotton, synthetic is another popular material. Mattress protectors made of synthetic fabric are especially suitable for allergy sufferers because they keep allergens away.
- Mattress protectors made of microfibre are particularly hygienic because they keep mites and bacteria away.
- Mattress protectors can also be made of felt. These are considered to be particularly hard-wearing.
- Cold foam is another popular material. Mattress protectors made of cold foam are particularly suitable for people with back pain, as they relieve the spine.
The material of the mattress protector has an influence on comfort and ease of care.
Ease of care
Another important aspect to consider when buying a mattress protector is ease of care. Mattress protectors should be washed at regular intervals because mites and bacteria accumulate over time. However, these microorganisms only die at a temperature of 60 degrees. Therefore, when buying a mattress protector, you should make sure that it can be washed at 60 degrees.
It is also an advantage if the mattress protector is waterproof, as this makes it easier to clean the mattress protector.
Mattress protector: Frequently asked questions and answers
In the following, we would like to answer the most important and most frequently asked questions about mattress protectors. We have selected the questions for you and will answer them shortly.
Why is a mattress protector useful?
Who are mattress protectors suitable for?
- Allergy sufferers
- heavy persons
- people who sweat a lot
- worn-out mattresses
- new mattresses
What types of mattress protectors are there?
|mattress protector made of cotton||breathable, can be washed at 60 degrees|
|mattress protector made of microfibre||keeps mites and bacteria away|
|mattress protector made of synthetic||keeps allergens away, can be washed in washing machine|
|mattress protector made of felt||very hard-wearing|
|Mattress protector made of cold foam||relieves the spine|
|Mattress protector with nubs||does not slip|
|Mattress protector with zip||does not slip|
|Mattress protector with rubber bands||easy to put on|
|Mattress protector with tension border||better fit, easy to put on|
What does a mattress protector cost?
How do I wash a mattress protector?
Mattress protectors can be washed in the washing machine without any problems. However, mites and bacteria only die at a temperature of 60 degrees Celsius, so when buying a mattress protector, make sure that it is washable at 60 degrees.
A mattress protector offers ideal protection for a mattress, keeping it in good condition for longer. A distinction is made between protectors made of different materials, such as cotton or synthetic, and protectors with different closure systems. When buying a mattress protector, you should consider different aspects such as size, material and care requirements.
Now you know everything about mattress protectors and can buy the perfect one for you. We hope that we have made it easier for you to make a purchase decision and that we have provided you with the necessary knowledge
Image source: nito500 / 123rf